+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP: Proof of Communication and Relationship

baryonix

May 21, 2019
HI, I'm holding PGWP and my spouse is applying for SOWP from overseas.

IRCC has requested for Proof of communication and relationship in the last year. I'm thinking of providing screenshots of our chat messages.

A few questions:
  1. How many pages should I screenshot? Because one year worth of chat is a lot
  2. We don't use English with each other. Do I need to translate out text messages? If yes, can we translate ourselves? I feel it's a bit silly to send our chat messages to a professional translation service...
  3. We also plan to show phone record as we call each other every day. How do I go about this?
Thank you

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022

IRCC has requested for Proof of communication and relationship in the last year. I'm thinking of providing screenshots of our chat messages.

A few questions:
  2. We don't use English with each other. Do I need to translate out text messages? If yes, can we translate ourselves? I feel it's a bit silly to send our chat messages to a professional translation service...
  3. We also plan to show phone record as we call each other every day. How do I go about this?
Thank you
You can attach the marriage certificate, banking transactions, wedding pictures, etc

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015

A few questions:
Thank you
Attach Social media messages like Good Morning, Love you in any language they need to know where you went together what you did together they don't want to sponsor someone who is just coming to Canada for the sake of Visa.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Attach Social media messages like Good Morning, Love you in any language they need to know where you went together what you did together they don't want to sponsor someone who is just coming to Canada for the sake of Visa.
I see, how much should we show? because we talk alot...
And to confirm that we dont need to translate those text messages right?

Thank you

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
I see, how much should we show? because we talk alot...
And to confirm that we dont need to translate those text messages right?

Thank you
Yes in Printed PDF Form. I can give you example of my brother (He is married for like 6 years) He sent the following for Spouse Visa.

1) WhatsApp Messages for a Month (Screen shots)
2) Pictures in Mall/Restaurants
3) FB Messenger Chats
4) Nikah Nama (Marriage Certificate)
5)Tickets like Movies/Bus Rides/Plane Travel/Hotel/Boarding Pass

These detailed evidences will assist the case.

Reactions: baryonix

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Yes in Printed PDF Form. I can give you example of my brother (He is married for like 6 years) He sent the following for Spouse Visa.

1) WhatsApp Messages for a Month (Screen shots)
2) Pictures in Mall/Restaurants
3) FB Messenger Chats
4) Nikah Nama (Marriage Certificate)
5)Tickets like Movies/Bus Rides/Plane Travel/Hotel/Boarding Pass

These detailed evidences will assist the case.
Thanks, it's very helpful!.

Does your brother communicate with his wife in English or in native language?

Natheer H

Sep 7, 2023

A few questions:
Thank you
Hi

I am in the same situation. My wife will apply for the PGWP now and i want to apply for SOWP application with her.

what documents are required and did you have a job when you applied for the SOWP .

Did you manage to get the SOWP approved and how much did it take.

I need your help.

Thank you,

SA193

Jan 24, 2024

A few questions:
Thank you
hello, did your sowp get approved? If so, how long did it take after submitting the additional documents?

jayanthy

May 21, 2015
Hi,

Me and my husband applied for PGWP and SOWP extension respectively together from Canada. I got my visa for PGWP approved while they rejected his SOWP extension stating that i didnt have any job. and they asked to reapply with my job offer. Iam trying my best to get placed somewhere, meanwhile my doubt is can i apply for again for his restoration with my approved PGWP letter or i should compulsorily hold a job offer?