+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sowp or trv-confused

brij1701

Oct 10, 2014
Hey experts please help

I am going to apply my pgwp,i got married in jan 2016 and after that my wife applied for sowp and got rejected,now i will graduate in may 2017 i am confused should i apply visitor visa for graduation ceremony and than get sowp from canada or to apply sowp from india itself, i currently have a full time job in Noc B.
Which way would be better to apply for,i do not want her to get her visa refused and really want her to be here

Please suggest

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

What ties can your wife show to India?
Is she employed? If yes, is it with the same employer and since when?

Or is she enrolled in a study program?

Does she own any property or land? Or a lease agreement in her name?

Does she have finances of her own or do you support her financially?

Has she traveled to countries that require visas? For example, the US/UK/Schengen countries?

What were the reasons for the previous refusal?

Cheers

brij1701

Oct 10, 2014
For Ties and employement- yes she is employed from last one year and before it was different employer and she does not hold any property or lease on her name

For finances -she got 8lakh(16 thousand cad) in her account from which 10 grand was gifted from her dad when we got married last year,and i can support her finances too

She has not travelled foreign countries

Previous refusal - purpose of visit(possible cause can be an error in affidavit of support from my father stated purpose of study and visit as it was applied for owp.

Financial conditions- we showed propery around 4 cr 10 lakh liquid cash but i guess it wasnt on her name so..

Would.not leave canada during specific period /home ties.

What home ties would work?
I can get her enrolled in a study progrm if that helps

Thank you

brij1701

Oct 10, 2014
@bryanna
What you think should i choose?
Inviting for graduation ceremony , will it make case reasonable to officer while having an rejection once for sowp?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here are my suggestions:
For employment:
She must include a leave approval letter + 6 months salary slips + 6 months bank statements + 2 years ITRs + show that she must return by a specific date for some work reason with evidence.

For property:
You cannot submit the property ownership documents of her dad.

For finances:
Does the bank balance match her income and tax returns?
Has she borrowed any of it from anyone (apart from the money which was gifted by her dad)?
Does she have any FDs, RDs, mutual funds, etc?

You must include her dad's bank statements to show that he had gifted the money. The date should be around your wedding.

Previous refusal - purpose of visit(possible cause can be an error in affidavit of support from my father stated purpose of study and visit as it was applied for owp.
Purpose of visit this time: For your convocation + tourism/see how you live, work, etc. Do prepare a detailed itinerary for each day of her visit. Do not say that she is only visiting for your convocation.

Yes, it would help if she enrolls in a study program in a recognized college. Maybe something that will help her career. She must attend classes for a couple of months before she applies.

So her ties will be her employment + study program. You may want to post the list of documents which she will submit before she applies

brij1701

Oct 10, 2014
Hey bryanna,
Thank you for the detailed reply,yes i will definetly post list of documents before she applies and i will also ask if i have further questions.