+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Trishiadelrey

Jul 5, 2017
Hi would you kmow If I could apply swp at the canadian border? I am
a UK citizen, previousl live and work here in canada for 2yrs . Now im on visa exempt free pass. Is it possible to apply open work permit through my permanent resident partner providing all documents supporting papers needed?

Trishiadelrey

Jul 5, 2017
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
can I apply SOWP through the border under my permanent resident common law? I am from
UK and I used to work and live in canada for 2yrs until my lmia got rejected. Is it possible to do that, cross the order and take the chance to get open permit through a common law(PR )

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Harmy

Nov 16, 2017
It completely depends from case to case. You can link your paper based application to your CIC account(if you have any or you can create a new one too) and can get status updates from there. WIsh you luck, let me know if the normal processing times breach. I can guide you after that. But till the time normal processing times have not breached, we can not raise a question as they are not liable to respond to that.
Hi , Its been more than a month, but still I am not able to link my paper application to CIC , any info why it's happening or is it usually this long?

visaklub

Aug 29, 2017
mu husband is on work permit after completing studies. I and my child want to move there. what do you suggest ? get TRV easily and have it converted to sowp there?
OR
apply spouse open work permit online, how to apply for my child ? wch type of visa ?

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
hi, Happy New Year bro
I wanted to apply for my wife SOWP. She is working in DUBAI and we are planning to apply from India as processing time is less in India. Can you please tel us, how much funds do we need to show in my wife's account??

Zaruwar

May 5, 2017
Hey do you have any idea why it takes so long to get the paper based application linked to online account. I was able to do it now after 14 weeks :( like does this mean that they have started processing my application now?

mtlindsay

Jan 4, 2018
we are currently preparing an offer to an individual with a Work Permit however, there are "conditions" listed on the work permit he has provided. What does this mean to his employment contract? Is there anything in particular we need to specify prior to his hire?

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi , Its been more than a month, but still I am not able to link my paper application to CIC , any info why it's happening or is it usually this long?
Firstly, my apologies for replying this late. Paper based application takes time. Have you got the application number and UNID? For paper based applications, it takes time to get updated in the system and thus takes more time. What is the status right now on it?

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
mu husband is on work permit after completing studies. I and my child want to move there. what do you suggest ? get TRV easily and have it converted to sowp there?
OR
apply spouse open work permit online, how to apply for my child ? wch type of visa ?
You can apply for TRV and SOWP simultaneously in one application and show the child as dependent in the same application. Documents needed for TRV and SOWP does not vary much. Let me know if you need any help with the application.

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
hi, Happy New Year bro
I wanted to apply for my wife SOWP. She is working in DUBAI and we are planning to apply from India as processing time is less in India. Can you please tel us, how much funds do we need to show in my wife's account??
Hi there, for TRV and SOWP, we do not need to show funds for your wife's application if you are working in Canada in NOC A,B or O category.

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hey do you have any idea why it takes so long to get the paper based application linked to online account. I was able to do it now after 14 weeks :( like does this mean that they have started processing my application now?
Hey, no need to be sad about it. We all know paper based applications takes more time than online applications in most of the cases. and it takes time for them first to receive the paper based applications and then they start working on them once the application comes up in the queue. Your information has been updated in the system that means they are working on it. What is the current status of your application when you check online and what documents were provided by you with the paper based application? It will give me a fairly good idea about what is going to happen next and if it does not happen within the normal processing times, i know how we can make them work on it ;). Please share the details which is showing in your account online. Application date and everything else also.

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
we are currently preparing an offer to an individual with a Work Permit however, there are "conditions" listed on the work permit he has provided. What does this mean to his employment contract? Is there anything in particular we need to specify prior to his hire?
I am not sure what are the "conditions" listed on his work permit. I suppose you are in canada if you are hiring an individual, just dial the CIC helpline, theres a long wait during day times so calling early in the morning will help.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
is anyone here who applied SOWP after the 25 of december?

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
I applied TRV visa for my spouse it got rejected however i applied GCMS notes, it took more than three months now i reviewed and applied SOWP on 25 of December. Does any one know how long does it take to get medical request? although i am in Canada but that application would be considered as Outside Canada Application right?. and previously we applied at the Chandigarh Office it seems to be very busy throughout the year. i just wanted to know where the file is being processed? help me please