+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

cboy585

Mar 7, 2023
Hi

I have registered in CIC and got the list of documents but it only asks for 3 docs, My Passport, My Wife Passport (Sponsorer), her work permit, my photo and Marriage Certificate. What other documents we need to submit here. We have all the documents but which one's to submit. As of now, I am able to gather the below list

Documents from Wife:
Work Permit
Passport
PayStubs
Employment Letter
Relationship Proof like pics and chats

Documents from Me:
Passport
Photo
Current Employment Letter
Last Payslips
ITR
Proof of Funds

Do we need to filter above documents? or add more like SOP or Invitation Letter?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
I'm holding PGWP working in Canada. Now applying for my wife SOWP, the VO is London, UK.

June 2022: AOR
Jan 25, 2023: ADR for relationship proof, proof of communication
Jan 28: Submitted all doc
Jan 29: Status under Additional Documentation changed to: "The documents you uploaded have been submitted"
Feb 1: Status under Additional Documents changed again to: "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided"
Feb 1 afternoon: Received Biometric Validity Letter (BVL)

I also got GCMS note on Feb 13, and sees "Recommend Interview"

It's been silence since then. I have a few questions:
  • Do you guys know how long after BVL we can expect Passport Request ?
  • What about the status in GCMS note, does it refer to the additional documents about relationship proof itself or an actual in-person interview?
  • If it's the latter, how come IRCC has not sent any interview details yet considering that it's more than 1 month since they started reviewing the ADR?
Any one in the same boat?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
I'm holding PGWP working in Canada. Now applying for my wife SOWP, the VO is London, UK.

June 2022: AOR
Jan 25, 2023: ADR for relationship proof, proof of communication
Jan 28: Submitted all doc
Jan 29: Status under Additional Documentation changed to: "The documents you uploaded have been submitted"
Feb 1: Status under Additional Documents changed again to: "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided"
Feb 1 afternoon: Received Biometric Validity Letter (BVL)

I also got GCMS note on Feb 13, and sees "Recommend Interview"

It's been silence since then. I have a few questions:
  • Do you guys know how long after BVL we can expect Passport Request ?
  • What about the status in GCMS note, does it refer to the additional documents about relationship proof itself or an actual in-person interview?
  • If it's the latter, how come IRCC has not sent any interview details yet considering that it's more than 1 month since they started reviewing the ADR?
Any one in the same boat?
I received GCMS note today, and the Status shows as Approved. The Eligibility is no longer "Recommend Interview", but shows as Passed.
But there is no new officer note about whether they have reviewed the ADR documents. We also have not received anything in the Portal as of today (Mar 8). The GCMS note is dated Feb 23!

Not sure what happens...

Sadia_ar

May 5, 2023
Hi,
Do we need PCC for SOWP ? Spouse is a citizen of India but living and working in Saudi Arabia from 5 years.
Hello, if you don't mind me asking, did your spouse's visa get approved. I'm an expat in Saudi Arabia. My sowp got rejected based on 'immigration status in country of residence'

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
My advice for all those people who wants to apply sowp from middle east countries ,,Please Dont Do That, better to go back to your countries and than process, first of all process of spouse visa so lengthy in Saudi, UAE, Qatar Kuwait ,,second 90 % rejection, better give sacrifice of your job and apply from home country .

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hello, if you don't mind me asking, did your spouse's visa get approved. I'm an expat in Saudi Arabia. My sowp got rejected based on 'immigration status in country of residence'
Hi there
Pcc is not required for SOWP
I applied from UAE 3 times and got rejected
Then I went to home country for one week and applied from there . I explained in the LOA I am working from home in my home country.
I got the ppr in one month from India and I am in Canada now
So better apply from home country.
One of my got approved in UAE last week and process time is 6 months
However 100% if we apply from home country it’s very good

Sadia_ar

May 5, 2023
Hello,
My husband's in pgwp in Canada. I live in Saudi Arabia, and would like to apply for sowp. Many are saying to apply from home country, instead of from Saudi Arabia. Would appreciate any insight on this.

Sadia_ar

May 5, 2023
Hi there
Pcc is not required for SOWP
I applied from UAE 3 times and got rejected
Then I went to home country for one week and applied from there . I explained in the LOA I am working from home in my home country.
I got the ppr in one month from India and I am in Canada now
So better apply from home country.
One of my got approved in UAE last week and process time is 6 months
However 100% if we apply from home country it’s very good
Thank you for your reply. I'll be visiting my home country soon, for a month or so. However, I'll be visiting for holiday purpose. How do I explain that to ircc?

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I'll be visiting my home country soon, for a month or so. However, I'll be visiting for holiday purpose. How do I explain that to ircc?
You can mention in the LOA you came for vacation and following that you will be there in home country and doing work from home option
Even if you don't have work from home you can mention in the LOA

If your applying first time then once you applied in couple of days you will get to do biometrics in home country and it will be recorded in IRCC.

After that you can fly to Saudi

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
You can mention in the LOA you came for vacation and following that you will be there in home country and doing work from home option

If your applying first time then once you applied in couple of days you will get to do biometrics in home country and it will be recorded in IRCC.

Also once you land in India scan your full passport and thats the proof you enter the Indian immigration also exit stamp page from Saudi

Sadia_ar

May 5, 2023

Will I be able to do medical tests from Saudi Arabia, if they request it?
And I'm unemployed, so should I still mention about working from home? I'm afraid I've to provide proofs about employment when I'm not employed.

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
And I'm unemployed, so should I still mention about working from home? I'm afraid I've to provide proofs about employment when I'm not employed.
Hi there
No problem if your not working then no issues
You can fly to India and take the pre medical in India and apply from India

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
You don’t need to be employed for sowp, my wife sowp was approved without any employment history as she is house wife.