+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP approval before SP? What does it mean?

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hi all,

We have a unique situation where my husband (SOWP) got approval and PPR while the primary applicant's (my study permit) application is still in progress. Has anyone faced this? Does this mean the primary will definitely be approved? Any idea how long it will take to receive the final decision for the primary applicant(SP)? Appreciate any responses. Thank you.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I don't see any reason why a dependent's open work permit would be approved if the SP wasn't. I think you can relax, you're more than likely approved as well :) .

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
I don't see any reason why a dependent's open work permit would be approved if the SP wasn't. I think you can relax, you're more than likely approved as well :) .
Hi...Tats our assumption too but have never heard of this scenario before hence the doubt...hopefully we ll know in a few days...

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
Hi...Tats our assumption too but have never heard of this scenario before hence the doubt...hopefully we ll know in a few days...
It happened to me. He got SOWP approval days before me getting SP approval. Look out for it soon

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi all,

We have a unique situation where my husband (SOWP) got approval and PPR while the primary applicant's (my study permit) application is still in progress. Has anyone faced this? Does this mean the primary will definitely be approved? Any idea how long it will take to receive the final decision for the primary applicant(SP)? Appreciate any responses. Thank you.
You will be approved, my first guess could be two different officers picked your application but i dont think so if you sent one package for all. Second, your SP is approved but some technical issues to update on front end

Reactions: thrigaya

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
It happened to me. He got SOWP approval days before me getting SP approval. Look out for it soon
oh that's good to hear...how long did it take to get your SP approval after ur sowp? Did u wait for SP approval to send passports together or send passports separately?

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
usually applications are approved way before they update you ( prob waiting info-sharing to be completed ) or some times it gets delayed.
they review SP first then issue approval for sowp. u are good to go.

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
usually applications are approved way before they update you ( prob waiting info-sharing to be completed ) or some times it gets delayed.
they review SP first then issue approval for sowp. u are good to go.
that makes sense...hopefully that's the case and we get to know by next week... fingers crossed!

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
We applied on May 10th, BIL on May 11th, Biometrics was given on May 13th, Got SOWP PPR on May 21 but yet to get a confirmation for SP. It was pretty fast and unexpected..
they process applications so fast these days .. waiting times went from 12 weeks to 8 weeks. my country had 12 weeks proceessing time and i got my decision in 2 weeks ( took me 14 days of delays to submit pcc )

Reactions: thrigaya

PDA_1201

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
they process applications so fast these days .. waiting times went from 12 weeks to 8 weeks. my country had 12 weeks proceessing time and i got my decision in 2 weeks ( took me 14 days of delays to submit pcc )
hello, did you request for an extension on pcc deadline? thanks