+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Application

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Hello,
I am preparing to apply for my wife's SOWP. I am on BOWP and got my AOR on 1st Oct 2014. Can someone guide me with the application process.

1) Has anyone successfully applied for SOWP before?
2) Can i apply online or would I have to apply paper based from her country of residence (Pakistan).
3) I will provide my BOWP, job letter, bank statements, salary slips, AOR email, Marriage certificate, along with her documents.. are there any other documents i should send along with the application?

Awaiting feedback :)... thanks

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Hello,
I am preparing to apply for my wife's SOWP. I am on BOWP and got my AOR on 1st Oct 2014. Can someone guide me with the application process.

2) Can i apply online or would I have to apply paper based from her country of residence (Pakistan).
3) I will provide my BOWP, job letter, bank statements, salary slips, AOR email, Marriage certificate, along with her documents.. are there any other documents i should send along with the application?

For spouse work permit please refer to this below mentioned link.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/temp-work-permit-applications-2013-cic-islamabad-pakistan-t153000.255.html

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
mesumrizvi said:
Hello,

1) Has anyone successfully applied for SOWP before? Yes , I did
2) Can i apply online or would I have to apply paper based from her country of residence (Pakistan). SOWP you can't apply if she is not in Canada
3) I will provide my BOWP, job letter, bank statements, salary slips, AOR email, Marriage certificate, along with her documents.. are there any other documents i should send along with the application? Looks fine to me

Good Luck

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
My spouse is in back home I applied online spouse open work permit at CHC Islamabad office on August 19, 2014 and got MR on December 1, 2014

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
alijumani said:
My spouse is in back home I applied online spouse open work permit at CHC Islamabad office on August 19, 2014 and got MR on December 1, 2014
May be I am less educated on this. Can you please let me know relation for applying SOWP and Got MR?
For SOWP/BOWP Medical is not mandatory (until you mentioned to work for for some specific job category . i.e. as Nurse etc)

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
CEC_1304 said:
May be I am less educated on this. Can you please let me know relation for applying SOWP and Got MR?
For SOWP/BOWP Medical is not mandatory (until you mentioned to work for for some specific job category . i.e. as Nurse etc)
Since the spouse is not in canada and doesn't have travel visa for canada as well.. The spouse has to go through a medical since the duration of their stay is going to be for over six months..

Congrats on MR ali.. Hopefully she gets the SOWP soon.. If I apply SOWP online, the application will automatically be transferred to Islamabad? Means I don't hv to send paper based application along with her passport etc?

Thanks all.

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
Hello,

Hi,

For my BOWP do we have to do medicals

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Since the spouse is not in canada and doesn't have travel visa for canada as well.. The spouse has to go through a medical since the duration of their stay is going to be for over six months..

Congrats on MR ali.. Hopefully she gets the SOWP soon.. If I apply SOWP online, the application will automatically be transferred to Islamabad? Means I don't hv to send paper based application along with her passport etc?

Thanks all.
Thanks Mesum. Intially we applied on Feb 2014 and got rejection on May 29 then I again applied and this time made a very atrong cover letter and attached as many documents. No, you can apply online from canada but application would be forwarded to the applicant's country of resident CHC office.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
alijumani said:
Thanks Mesum. Intially we applied on Feb 2014 and got rejection on May 29 then I again applied and this time made a very atrong cover letter and attached as many documents. No, you can apply online from canada but application would be forwarded to the applicant's country of resident CHC office.
Thanks Ali..

My original BOWP was for 4 months instead of 12 due to my passport expiry.. now i got my passport renewed and am going to apply for bowp extension... can i also apply for SOWP simultaneously? The issue is that im in Canada but my spouse is in Pakistan.. any suggestions?

Also would it be possible for u to share the letter with me pls?

thanks.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Thanks Ali..

My original BOWP was for 4 months instead of 12 due to my passport expiry.. now i got my passport renewed and am going to apply for bowp extension... can i also apply for SOWP simultaneously? The issue is that im in Canada but my spouse is in Pakistan.. any suggestions?

Also would it be possible for u to share the letter with me pls?

thanks.
I would say first extend your BOWP then apply for SOWP. Sure I will message you the letter. Can you please tell me how did you renew your passport in Toronto? Mine is also expiring in Sept 2015. When I will be able to extend my passport from pakistan consulate in Toronto?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
alijumani said:
I would say first extend your BOWP then apply for SOWP. Sure I will message you the letter. Can you please tell me how did you renew your passport in Toronto? Mine is also expiring in Sept 2015. When I will be able to extend my passport from pakistan consulate in Toronto?
Yes just go to the consulate on keele street and update.. i did normal which was supposed to take 4 weeks but i got my passport in 3 weeks.. very easy process and doesnt take much time.. took 10-15 mins when i applied and barely 2-3 mins at the time of collection.. just make sure to also take ur cnic and make sure cnic is valid.. they checked mine as well.. just make sure u go during the time specified on website...

Submission of Documents: 9:15 am to 12:15 pm
Pickup Timings: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm

thanks in advance for the letter.. ill apply bowp first and then sowp :)

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Yes just go to the consulate on keele street and update.. i did normal which was supposed to take 4 weeks but i got my passport in 3 weeks.. very easy process and doesnt take much time.. took 10-15 mins when i applied and barely 2-3 mins at the time of collection.. just make sure to also take ur cnic and make sure cnic is valid.. they checked mine as well.

thanks in advance for the letter.. ill apply bowp first and then sowp :)
Thanks but since my Passport is expiring in sept 2015 can I renew now or is there any time limit

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
alijumani said:
Thanks but since my Passport is expiring in sept 2015 can I renew now or is there any time limit
i would suggest to wait since u hv enough wp duration and im sure travel visa too.. i had to re-apply because of my bowp expiring in feb end and also hv to then apply for sowp which needs atleast 6-8 months of valid wp i believe

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
i would suggest to wait since u hv enough wp duration and im sure travel visa too.. i had to re-apply because of my bowp expiring in feb end and also hv to then apply for sowp which needs atleast 6-8 months of valid wp i believe
My travel visa is expiring on Dec 31, 2014 and I might have to go Pakistan