+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Source of fund provided as GIFT

anis_huq

Apr 3, 2017
Hi,
This question might be a little redundant, so please bear with me.

I have submitted my Express Entry application. The thing is, when the ITA came, the amount in my account was not sufficient. So my father gave me the money as GIFT (CASH Deposited from my father's account in the same bank). The amount shown in the bank account is roughly CAD 25,000 (for 3 members, husband, wife and infant daughter).

Now the thing is, the GIFT money transferred to my account is visible in the bank account statements that I had provided. However, I did NOT provide any documented source of the gift. Now, my question is:

Will IRCC ask for the source? In that case, what sort of paperwork do I need to provide to proof that it is a genuine gift?
OR will IRCC outright reject my application without asking for any paperwork.

Please answer as I am a lot confused regarding this issue.

Bye.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Common sense is just by saying its a gift will not work. ( As donor may ask for money back in the future)

You have two options :

(1) As per your country's law get your father's gift legalized. (Get legal advice to what's appropriate regarding this to make the gift valid & lagalized as per local laws)

(2) Also a signed declaration from your father may work.( http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gift-money-declaration-from-father-to-son-outline.347593/page-3)

My knowledge is from the past & CIC makes changes to rules. So please wait for more replies from other members.

Last edited:

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Common sense is just by saying its a gift will not work.

As per your country's law get your father's gift legalized. (Get legal advice to what's appropriate regarding this to make the gift valid & lagalized as per local laws)

Also a signed declaration from your father may work.( http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gift-money-declaration-from-father-to-son-outline.347593/page-3)

My knowledge is from the past & CIC makes changes to rules. So please wait for more replies from other members.
Hi - I had a similar case, where I had previously transferred a huge sum to my mother (for tax purpose since she doesn't have any income) and for showing POF I asked her to transfer it back a few weeks before I had to get the statement so that I can claim the needed amount.

I also wrote an LOE explaining that I have earned the amount during the past 5 years working and attached past 12 months statement showing the previous transfers to my mother as well as my salary deposits.

Do you think the officer will be okay with this?