30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Re: CEC CAP REACHED?

I believe it would have been reached. If there was 10000 more packages to open and if 20% were "returnable" based upon their experience then it certainly would have been deemed to have reached, however, to be 100% correct CIC retreated the announcement. I think to be fair on applicants they should be a bit more diligent with their tracking on their site.

May 5, 2013
First of all, I don't wanna believe that caps reached.
I wanna take a time to confirm all trustworthy information
although I got an email from my immigration lawyer about same thing now.

As far as I remember when I applied November 2014, there was a still low amount of applications out of all
8,000 caps.
I wonder how quickly caps could be reached in that short time.

I tried to find any formal CIC webpage about caps but I cannot find anymore like before.
That's one unclear thing to me.

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
211 said:
First of all, I don't wanna believe that caps reached.
I wanna take a time to confirm all trustworthy information
although I got an email from my immigration lawyer about same thing now.

As far as I remember when I applied November 2014, there was a still low amount of applications out of all
8,000 caps.
I wonder how quickly caps could be reached in that short time.

I tried to find any formal CIC webpage about caps but I cannot find anymore not like before.
That's one unclear thing to me.
As far as I'm concerned the CEC cap was never reached in the past. Someone posted statistics not that long ago. But this year the cap updates were pretty weird, well at least in November, they added applications then all of a sudden they removed some from the overall number. Then in December they added info about reached cap, which was removed after a while, since then there was no update....

What did your lawyer say?

kiransar

Dec 17, 2014
Dear all,

I am CEC applicant with NOC Code 2171 with application recieved on Dec 02.

Please do not panic. Whenever the Officer rejects the application they use standard template and give detailed explanation with their application details in post.

Earlier one of my friend's friend got similar update with application recieved on Sept 20 and NOC Code 2174.

Please wait until 1-week more to check the direction. I am sure we will have more applicants CC are charged.

Regards,
Kiran

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Who is the Shadow Immigration Minister? Perhaps those concerned may wish to raise it with her/him.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
kiransar said:
Dear all,

I am CEC applicant with NOC Code 2171 with application recieved on Dec 02.

Please do not panic. Whenever the Officer rejects the application they use standard template and give detailed explanation with their application details in post.

Earlier one of my friend's friend got similar update with application recieved on Sept 20 and NOC Code 2174.

Please wait until 1-week more to check the direction. I am sure we will have more applicants CC are charged.

Regards,
Kiran
Surely CIC must know how many AOR they have issued at any point in time. How difficult can that be?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
http://lysaneblanchettelamothe.ndp.ca/

Hill Office

House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

Telephone: 613-992-2689
Fax: 613-996-8478

E-mail:
Lysane.Blanchette-Lamothe@parl.gc.ca

May 5, 2013
forever21 said:
As far as I'm concerned the CEC cap was never reached in the past. Someone posted statistics not that long ago. But this year the cap updates were pretty weird, well at least in November, they added applications then all of a sudden they removed some from the overall number. Then in December they added info about reached cap, which was removed after a while, since then there was no update....

What did your lawyer say?
Your watching history of cap for last months is helpful to understand situation.
Because my lawyer told me that

I also included in your application the webpage that said that CEC applications were less than 8,000. The Canadian Bar Association also got confirmation from CIC representatives that the cap was not reached in December. Its clear that CIC did not keep an accurate count on the website.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still wanna be calm down and hope our sharing is only helpful to understand situation with all other applicants together.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
DuoDuoJoanna said:
GAME OVER :-[ :-[ I saw the news from Chinese Forum
Well, tell us the news in full please and what is the source for the news?

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
211 said:
Your watching history of cap for last months is helpful to understand situation.
Because my lawyer told me that

I also included in your application the webpage that said that CEC applications were less than 8,000. The Canadian Bar Association also got confirmation from CIC representatives that the cap was not reached in December. Its clear that CIC did not keep an accurate count on the website.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still wanna be calm down and hope our sharing is only helpful to understand situation with all other applicants together.
Also as far as I remember they had a statement on the CEC site (right under the current number of application received) saying that even when you send your application now (for example when they only received 2000 out of the total 8000) that doesn't necessary mean you will fall under the cap. The page is gone so I can't really quote the exact words... Cry

May 5, 2013
If it turns out that CIC did not keep an accurate count on the website in case,
what can we do to ask a compensation for all the fees and time related to previous CEC application?

I don't wanna stir before seeing clear cause and result and I know I should wait,
but only want to prepare and know what our reasonable stance should be.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two of my colleagues reported today that they have had client applications returned with a letter stating the CEC CAP was full but BOTH of these applications were received at CIO Sydney on DECEMBER 24, 2014, and NOT October as previously stated. One of these colleagues stated that the client received the application back on January 23, 2015 which is exactly the same day as the person reported earlier in this thread. So maybe a mistake in the date reported.