+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some questions before applying Canadian passport with the citizenship certificate.

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
I have some questions before I send my certificate for passport.

1. I typed the application, printed it out and had to write a couple of fields with blank pen, is that ok?
  2. If you sent the citizenship certificate by post, was it because the wait times for appointment at passport office or Service Canada was more than a month away? If so, what was your timeline and what's the best way you suggest?
  3. In the downloaded application for passport certificate, for the place of birth, I entered the city but there's no text box for entering the province or state, what did you do?
  4. Mother's surname is the birth surname?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I have some questions before I send my certificate for passport.

1. I typed the application, printed it out and had to write a couple of fields with blank pen, is that ok?
  2. If you sent the citizenship certificate by post, was it because the wait times for appointment at passport office or Service Canada was more than a month away? If so, what was your timeline and what's the best way you suggest?
  3. In the downloaded application for passport certificate, for the place of birth, I entered the city but there's no text box for entering the province or state, what did you do?
  4. Mother's surname is the birth surname?
- OK
- walk in to passport Canada (not service Canada) office and apply in person. Passport will be ready by 2 weeks
- entered the city only under place of birth
- it’s a security question… whatever you decide to write just remember.