+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some queries

indianstudentenquire

Dec 29, 2013
Hello,

I have few questions related to PGWP and PR

1) after how many months while studying I can apply for off college job(20 hours job that is allowed while studying)

2) how many days it takes to get a PGWP after applying for it.
3) I have heared that I need to apply for PGWP withing 90 days of completetion of the course.
what if I apply for it in the 3 rd month. will my study pemit start from the day i receive the permit.
4) let say I have done two 8 months course I will get 16 months work permit if I will apply for pr after 1 years of experience. how much time(months) it will take to get my application processed for pr(get pr)? if after application in between the pr application processing my work perrmit will be expired is it possible to stay in canda to wait for the verdict.

thanks

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
1) after how many months while studying I can apply for off college job(20 hours job that is allowed while studying)
after 6 months of study u can apply for OCWP if ur studying in an approved list of institutions.
2) how many days it takes to get a PGWP after applying for it.
PGWP is post graduate work permit that u get after u finish ur studies take around 50 days more or less
3) I have heared that I need to apply for PGWP withing 90 days of completetion of the course.
what if I apply for it in the 3 rd month. will my study pemit start from the day i receive the permit.
I am not sure what u r trying to ask here. if u apply PGWP in 3 rd month but before the 90 days period then u get it after 50 days and u cannot work unless u have any other type of work permit
4) let say I have done two 8 months course I will get 16 months work permit if I will apply for pr after 1 years of experience. how much time(months) it will take to get my application processed for pr(get pr)? if after application in between the pr application processing my work perrmit will be expired is it possible to stay in canda to wait for the verdict.
well if u file for PR and u still have a work permit valid then u can extend ur work permit till u get PR. Its called bridge permit. that being said 16 months may not be enough. lets assume u do not get a job for first 6 months then u cannot apply for PR so be careful . U should keep atleast 8 month period during which u may not find a job just to be safe.

indianstudentenquire

Dec 29, 2013
thank you for sharing great knowledge.

Can i apply for bridge extension if only 1-2 month pGWP is left?

and is there any there any special requirement to get that?

thanks,

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
indianstudentenquire said:
thank you for sharing great knowledge.

Can i apply for bridge extension if only 1-2 month pGWP is left?

and is there any there any special requirement to get that?

thanks,
i think this applies to u but not sure.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp