+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some Qs: FSW Stream, Invitation Received

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
Hello everyone!

I am happy to share with you that I received an invitation to apply through the Federal Skilled Worker program under Express Entry online. I am currently reviewing and updating my details.

But I am a little confused because I do not know which province I am supposed to go. In the cic.gov.ca website, it only allows me to choose one province I intend to reside. Does this mean that my application, if ever I proceed with it, would only go to that particular province? Can anyone please give me some guidance on how this process works?

Also, for those who have been sent invitations, at which point did you have to upload the necessary documents? Job verifications, bank statements, identification papers, etc.

Thank you!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - You can choose any province but Quebec, it doesn't really matter - you can live in any province.

2 - Once you fill all the forms and continue to the next section you will see the document checklist where you can upload your documents.

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
Thank you DelPiero07!

Does this mean, if I choose Vancouver, BC or Nova Scotia, I would get accepted? I am wary because from my understanding, there are still conditions that might get my application denied. Then I also read that each province has their own system for scores. So I suppose this is where my confusion comes from.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Archeia said:
Thank you DelPiero07!

Does this mean, if I choose Vancouver, BC or Nova Scotia, I would get accepted? I am wary because from my understanding, there are still conditions that might get my application denied. Then I also read that each province has their own system for scores. So I suppose this is where my confusion comes from.
That's for provincial nomination.

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
Oh. HaHa!

Thank you again!

I suppose I am still in disbelief getting the invitation. I am checking if I got everything right, because this really wasn't expected. The last CRS score for intake was about 9 points more than mine. So I wasn't expecting the invitation. ;D

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
I am currently completing the documents needed (uploading online). Some of my employers are sending in their letters in .pdf format by email. Some I've already scanned and uploaded.

My question is, would I be needing the original copies sent by mail after submitting the documents online? At what point would that be?

Thank you!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Archeia said:
I am currently completing the documents needed (uploading online). Some of my employers are sending in their letters in .pdf format by email. Some I've already scanned and uploaded.

My question is, would I be needing the original copies sent by mail after submitting the documents online? At what point would that be?

Thank you!
All documents need to be submitted online only.

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
:eek: WOW! That saves a lot of paper then!

I honestly thought I would need to have everything printed out to be sent by mail to the CIC. I suppose that was the old system?

Thank you so much for the response.

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
90 Days Almost Over

Just an update on how my application is going. (27 days left!)

I have 7 more documents to go:
1. COE from a health institution that closed last year in another country: sigh, sigh, sigh! I do have my income tax return and my last payslip, and a copy of a certificate I received for my job training.
2. a school that I left in bad terms: getting a sworn statement from my former colleague that I worked there, attaching training certificates and payslips, and a copy of my resignation letter.
3. current job - which my current boss is working on, hoping to get it next week.
4. proof of medical exam - which takes 2 days. Been drinking a lot of water and trying to cut on sugary/salty diet.
5. proof of means of financial support - waiting for a bank to respond to my request. Getting nervous about this.
6. digital photo - easily done, targeting next week before or after my medical exam.
7. letter of explanation (for 1 & 2) with the attachments.

At this point, when the 90 days are nearly over, I really just want to get this over and done with, and just hope and pray for the best.

My advice to future applicants, KEEP YOUR PAYSLIPS! And once you leave your jobs, try to leave in good terms that it'll be easy for you to get a reference letter for any future use.

I am quite stressed and tired. But forward I go, and hope I can complete everything on time.

TO CANADA!!! EH!!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Eating too much sugar and salt isn't grounds for medical inadmissibility. :) It just means you're human.
They won't be testing your blood sugar either.

suazo

Apr 3, 2016
hello everyone, I recieved ITA under FSW stream which requires 67points. My question is I calculated the point parameters for the Fsw and it looks like I have 71 out of 100 points meaning I Qualify. My question is the education part to claim the 5 points for adaptability. I finished the Master of Business Afministration program here in canada but the program was accelerated and was for 16months. Not upto 2 years. There was no semester break with this program. It was all school. I guess I can also claim the 5 points for adaptability right?
I have a letter from my school that states the MBA was 16months accelerated with no breaks and the MBA can also be considered a two year program. Without the 5 points extra my point is 66. Please let me know your opinion.
Thanks won't be testing your blood sugar either.
[/quote]

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
Educational Requirements

HaHa! Nice to know that my blood sugar won't be tested. :D

I had all my educational documents (grades + courses, diploma) sent in to WES. They give out the exact equivalency of your degree against Canadian standards. I'm not entirely sure about the accelerated program though.

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
Also, what exactly do they mean by "Adaptability"? Isn't that about being able to adjust to new conditions?

And if you already received the ITA, that shouldn't be a problem anymore, right?

I haven't been counting the scores, honestly. I just submitted and was really shocked I got the ITA. The last before I got accepted was like 9 points above my CRS. So I thought I needed to wait a little longer or get my points higher. I'm now focused on getting the rest of the necessary documents before my deadline. A little stressful, honestly. :/

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
Affidavit?

I got an incomplete COE from the health institution: no letterhead, no contact information, no exact dates of employment.

At this point, do I need to get a sworn statement along with that letter?

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
Payment Method

:)

Hi everyone!

After submitting and uploading documents, is the payment next for processing and RPRF? What are the payment methods available?

Thanks!