Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Ok I've already seen three cases like this so I think it might be the time for me to share the stories with you guys. Before going into the details, I'll put down my conclusion here first:

Here are my two pennies to people who have waited for over 6 months (official EE processing time) without obvious reasons (i.e. single with no complicated background that could induce lengthy background and security check) AND happen to have a work permit that would expire in couple of month and need to be extended (BOWP): It might be a good idea not to count on your luck and reluctant in submitting the BOWP application. In some cases, IRCC might be intentionally delaying sending ppr to you in order to make the easiest couple of hundred bucks from you and from thousands of other people who are in the same situation as you are.

In all three cases that I've been monitoring, all of their applications took longer than usual to process (8 months), and all of them have several temporary resident statuses to be extended if they couldn't receive their PR within 1-2 months. At first, all of them planned to wait for a while longer before they submit their extension application, but eventually submitted the application before their current one expires; and then, like a miracle, all of them got their ppr emails or landing appointment within a week upon the submission of their extension applications.... Tell me I'm paranoid to think that there's something fishy going on in the Ministry....

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Okay, you're paranoid.

If we were to take a sample of a few hundred or few thousand cases, then we could be on to something. But a sample of three cases?

Reactions: Tanglechuu

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Okay, you're paranoid.

If we were to take a sample of a few hundred or few thousand cases, then we could be on to something. But a sample of three cases?
Well that's true.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Ok I've already seen three cases like this so I think it might be the time for me to share the stories with you guys. Before going into the details, I'll put down my conclusion here first:

Here's my suggestion to people who have waited for over 6 months (official EE processing time) without obvious reasons (i.e. single with no complicated background that could induce lengthy background and security check) AND happen to have a work permit that would expire in couple of month and need to be extended (BOWP): don't try to count on your luck and don't be reluctant in submitting the BOWP application. In some cases, IRCC is intentionally delaying sending ppr to you in order to make the easiest couple of hundred bucks from you and from thousands of other people who are in the same situation as you are.

In all three cases that I've been monitoring, all of their applications took longer than usual to process (8 months), and all of them have several temporary resident statuses to be extended if they couldn't receive their PR within 1-2 months. At first, all of them planned to wait for a while longer before they submit their extension application, but eventually submitted the application before their current one expires; and then, like a miracle, all of them got their ppr emails or landing appointment within a week upon the submission of their extension applications.... Tell me I'm paranoid to think that there's something fishy going on in the Ministry....
Additionally, if they all got PPR "within a week of their extension applications" they could all request to withdraw the extension application and refund the application fee. There's very little chance the extension application was substantially processed within a week.

Reactions: mikko008

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Additionally, if they all got PPR "within a week of their extension applications" they could all request to withdraw the extension application and refund the application fee. There's very little chance the extension application was substantially processed within a week.
Oh thanks for the reminder.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's quite possible that an extension application bumped a mostly-complete PR application up the queue for final review and approval, specifically to avoid the problem of processing an extension application and then shortly afterwards PPR, where no refund would be possible.

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Even though they have our UCI, not sure if they really link our applications for PR and BOWP. Both applications get processed differently. CIC approved my BOWP 12 days after my PR was approved.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Even though they have our UCI, not sure if they really link our applications for PR and BOWP. Both applications get processed differently. CIC approved my BOWP 12 days after my PR was approved.
Sure, they don't stop processing things if you don't request it and they don't hold one for the other. But they may run a check on existing applications, anything is possible.