+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some insights related to the current threshold of 2014 parents sponsorship apps

RobA.R.

Jan 10, 2014
Just passed on some insights I heard, the source is unidentified, but you know what I mean.
Currently all received applications are placed in CPC-M mailroom in chronological order, someone estimated the quantity of packages in ballpark, based on a rough thickness of like 50 packages and the person counted the whole mailroom, there are like lower 2000 applications in there as of Jan 9 end of day.
Anyway, it’s very rough estimates done by looking around the room and count the thickness of the piles, but at least you know currently the 5000 cap has yet filled, not even close.
Another rough estimate I heard is about couple hundreds applications received per day in average excluding weekends. The biggest hit was the first 2 days, and things get slowed down a bit this week.
I wish you all good luck (me as well, have my application in this Monday). For those who yet mailed the application to CPC-M, TAKE YOUR TIME to make the signature and other documents right, don’t feel like a huge rush but the quality of document is the key, this is the advice I heard from the source.
I understand some of the hot discussions around fake signatures etc, the suggestion is if you happen to discover a trend of such fraud, don’t hesitate to give CIC call center a ring to report, they have a fraud tip reporting option in their phone menu, as soon as CIC’s aware of the trend of the signature fraud, they’ll take actions to maintain the integrity and the fairness in order for those who take time to do things right. Good luck al!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
RobA.R. said:
someone estimated the quantity of packages in ballpark, based on a rough thickness of like 50 packages and the person counted the whole mailroom, there are like lower 2000 applications in there as of Jan 9 end of day.
If true that's definitely good news for people who are taking their time and doing everything the right way.

After over 2 years of program being on pause, I am shocked that the numbers are not double or triple that amount by now. Perhaps the new financial requirements had a bigger impact than thought on how many people can qualify.

ZIDYAY

Sep 26, 2013
After over 2 years of program being on pause, I am shocked that the numbers are not double or triple that amount by now. Perhaps the new financial requirements had a bigger impact than thought on how many people can qualify.

I agree. The new program rules were not only extremely restrictive but also scared plenty of prospective applicants.

My gut feel was the bulk of sponsors will be those who landed sometime 2008,2009 or 2011. This I based on the assumption that people who came much earlier before the program was suspended took advantage of the lower income threshold requirements. We know that newcomers could not have big salaries quickly. For the lot of them, they have to work low paying jobs, then study or take reviewer course, then obtain a license like say for the nursing, medicine, accountancy and engineering professions . Only after they have obtained the license that they can possibly get good salaries equal or exceeding that is what being asked under the new rules. Added to this is the condition that random check may be done on applicants during processing to see that current pay of sponsor has remained at threshold level.

The rules are no doubt not easy and reflective of the policy to limit to the bare minimum the number of parents and grandparents getting PR visa. I shall be happy that of the estimated 2000 or so received so far, 50% of them are not disapproved outright for not meeting eligibility or the papers submitted being incomplete.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
One interesting thing about this information is that, at least up to now, they are not checking to see if the applications are "complete" when they arrive. This may mean that those who submitted bad applications may not have them returned for some time.

RobA.R.

Jan 10, 2014
I hope people don't get hung up on the "2000" number. Understood the estimate was done by a very inaccurate method, maybe it's lower 2000, or higher 2000 maybe 3000? Although the bottomline is it can't be off that much as some rumors spreading that 5000 cap already reached by now.
But all I can say it definately has room for those applicants who're carefully working in progress preparing the documents that CIC required.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope some applications will be returned as some of the sponsors were trying to test CIC's strictness..... did not even bother to submit option C or NOA for 2010.....submitted print out from CRA personal account and etc.

ZIDYAY

Sep 26, 2013
I went to the CIC website just now, but can't access the page relating to Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship. Is my own connection the only one having problem? Or the CIC took them out for some reason?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ZIDYAY said:
I went to the CIC website just now, but can't access the page relating to Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship. Is my own connection the only one having problem? Or the CIC took them out for some reason?
I just checked the website. I am able to access the page.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
You have to be very very highly paid in order to meet LICO + 30%.

That itself is enough to make millions ineligible.....how will they keep that income so high? There aren't many such high-paying jobs left in Canada anyways......

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canvis2006 said:
You have to be very very highly paid in order to meet LICO + 30%.

That itself is enough to make millions ineligible.....how will they keep that income so high? There aren't many such high-paying jobs left in Canada anyways......
Assuming wife and husband with no kids, sponsoring 2 parents (mother and father).
Based on that scenario, each of them would only need to work at pay of $12.87/hr full time for 40 hours a normal week in 2010, $12.90 for 2011, $13.14 for 2012. That is not much higher than minimum wage.

Add 2 children to the equation and it would be like $16.48 for 2010, $16.51 for 2011, $16.81 for 2012 for each parent. With the added benefit of free babysitters at home.

All things considered, I think it is rather fair. Most people here would need to pay at least $16-$17/hr for both parents to justify the cost of paying for daycare where they can cost you at least $7/hr. What's the point of working minimum wage at 10.25/hr when you really bring home probably 1-2/hr after tax after paying daycare. Most people would love to be able to work at $13/hr with parents at home looking after the kids while working. A lot of people here don't have that luxury. And you say it is too expensive to have 2 parents sponsored? Welcome to the real world.

gabrielle

Jan 8, 2014
I do hope it's correct. My application arrived there Thursday this week. Waited for my parents documents via courrier with their I original signatures before I could send. Thanks for the info. Helped me a bit to relax.

Chrysallys

Jun 25, 2004
What happens if you apply and the cap has been met? Do they return everything to you and not take the fees?

We have to wait for DH's NOA for 2013 since DH didn't find work in 2010 until late January so we were $2000 short. Arg! I would really hate to wait another year to get the process started.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Chrysallys said:
What happens if you apply and the cap has been met? Do they return everything to you and not take the fees?

We have to wait for DH's NOA for 2013 since DH didn't find work in 2010 until late January so we were $2000 short. Arg! I would really hate to wait another year to get the process started.
Everything is returned, including the fees.