+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

some help and views required,,,please contribute

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
hello

i have posted this question in this forum sometime before too,,,could nt get much of the reactions from you friends,,,please help me out this time

i want to know that if anybody is going to Canada for the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the India without much problem,,,,i know that the rules say that u can visit as u want but i want to take ur personal approach towards my problems

i am asking this coz i m 29 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged before going to Canada and the come back after some time,,,i m really worried

i have my relatives in EDMONTON who can support me for initial 2 to 3 months,,,on the other hand i have friends in Brampton who are willing to share there accommodation with me for the first 2 to 3 months.

i am having a hard time to choose between Toronto and Edmonton coz in Toronto i have friends and jobs but i think that after my marriage relatives can give me a safe environment and social support in Edmonton

i am in mechanical industry right now in india

please try to solve my confusions

thank you

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
godblessyou said:
hello

i have posted this question in this forum sometime before too,,,could nt get much of the reactions from you friends,,,please help me out this time

i want to know that if anybody is going to Canada for the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the India without much problem,,,,i know that the rules say that u can visit as u want but i want to take ur personal approach towards my problems

i am asking this coz i m 29 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged before going to Canada and the come back after some time,,,i m really worried

i have my relatives in EDMONTON who can support me for initial 2 to 3 months,,,on the other hand i have friends in Brampton who are willing to share there accommodation with me for the first 2 to 3 months.

i am having a hard time to choose between Toronto and Edmonton coz in Toronto i have friends and jobs but i think that after my marriage relatives can give me a safe environment and social support in Edmonton

i am in mechanical industry right now in india

please try to solve my confusions

thank you
your views are imp,,plz share

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I don't know the answers to your technical questions about whether to get engaged/married before or after PR. I am sure there is good reason for choosing one or the other as far as immigration is concerned and hopefully a senior can tell you that. As far as where to stay - your choice has to be where you can get employment. If you have friends and good prospects for a job in Ontario then you can take holidays to Alberta to visit family. If your expertise in mechanical industry lends itself to jobs in Alberta (lots of oil industry) then that would be your answer and friends can come to visit you or vice versa. Perhaps you can ask your friends and relatives to do a little research on your behalf for jobs that you could apply for once you get to Canada. See what looks best. Wish you all the best.