+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

some help and views required,,,please contribute

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
hello
i have posted this question in this forum sometime before too,,,could nt get much of the reactions from you friends,,,please help me out this time

i want to know that if anybody is going to Canada for the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the India without much problem,,,,i know that the rules say that u can visit as u want but i want to take ur personal approach towards my problems

i am asking this coz i m 29 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged before going to Canada and the come back after some time,,,i m really worried

i have my relatives in EDMONTON who can support me for initial 2 to 3 months,,,on the other hand i have friends in Brampton who are willing to share there accommodation with me for the first 2 to 3 months.

i am having a hard time to choose between Toronto and Edmonton coz in Toronto i have friends and jobs but i think that after my marriage relatives can give me a safe environment and social support in Edmonton

i am in mechanical industry right now in india

please try to solve my confusions

thank you

B

boyee6576

I guess the question is. Are you being sponsored? If you are a PR in canda then you can get married and sponsor your wife to come. Its kind of hard to say since I am not sure how you plan to get here. Are you coming as sponsored person, are you comeing as a foreign worker? Give a bit more information on that and we can better tell you.

As far as the place to live Toronto or edmonton? I would go to edmonton where your family is. You always need the support of your family. Family will help you if you need it no matter how long you need it. I think I would want to be with my family and jobs are more a bit more plentiful in Edmonton. Now thats just my opinion. :)

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
boyee6576 said:
I guess the question is. Are you being sponsored? If you are a PR in canda then you can get married and sponsor your wife to come. Its kind of hard to say since I am not sure how you plan to get here. Are you coming as sponsored person, are you comeing as a foreign worker? Give a bit more information on that and we can better tell you.

As far as the place to live Toronto or edmonton? I would go to edmonton where your family is. You always need the support of your family. Family will help you if you need it no matter how long you need it. I think I would want to be with my family and jobs are more a bit more plentiful in Edmonton. Now thats just my opinion. :)
thanx for the input

i have got PR under skilled worker

about jobs i could not understand your vies,,sorry can u please elaborate

B

boyee6576

I am not sure about this since I dont know alot about SW category. However, I am pretty sure you can go back home marry and then sponsor your wife to come.

Are you in canada now and working?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
godblessyou said:
i am asking this coz i m 29 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged before going to Canada and the come back after some time,,,i m really worried
Sorry, I hope this doesn't sound rude, but sounds like you're getting ahead of yourself here -- shouldn't your first step be to meet someone first that you want to marry? ::) Maybe you have or maybe you're considering an arranged marriage, but it's not clear from your posting. In any case, yes, you can definitely get PR and go back to India to get married within one year. You could get PR and leave the next day if you wanted to really. As for financial factors, well without knowing what your financial circumstances are, I think only you would be best to know that. My guess is that it would make sense for you to come and work for maybe a year to save some $$ before you consider getting married. You could also get engaged before going to Canada but you MUST make sure that CIC is aware of this and that you declare your fiancee before you land in Canada otherwise you will forfeit the chance to ever sponsor her.

As to whether you live in Edmonton or Toronto, I would suggest you visit both before deciding if you haven't already, but personally I would opt for Edmonton since that's where your family is. Besides just having the comfort of your family, it will be very helpful to have family around in the future when you start your own family.

Good luck.

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
ariell said:
Sorry, I hope this doesn't sound rude, but sounds like you're getting ahead of yourself here -- shouldn't your first step be to meet someone first that you want to marry? ::) Maybe you have or maybe you're considering an arranged marriage, but it's not clear from your posting. In any case, yes, you can definitely get PR and go back to India to get married within one year. You could get PR and leave the next day if you wanted to really. As for financial factors, well without knowing what your financial circumstances are, I think only you would be best to know that. My guess is that it would make sense for you to come and work for maybe a year to save some $$ before you consider getting married. You could also get engaged before going to Canada but you MUST make sure that CIC is aware of this and that you declare your fiancee before you land in Canada otherwise you will forfeit the chance to ever sponsor her.

As to whether you live in Edmonton or Toronto, I would suggest you visit both before deciding if you haven't already, but personally I would opt for Edmonton since that's where your family is. Besides just having the comfort of your family, it will be very helpful to have family around in the future when you start your own family.

Good luck.
thnks for your views

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
Hi,

you can visit India anytime once you will get PR card in hand.
actually they don't stop you go out of Canada but you have to maintain Ur Residency in Canada ......

but my suggestion don't come back before 2 years if there is not any urgency... coz it may harm some how Ur citizen ship time.

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Rocky636 said:
Hi,

you can visit India anytime once you will get PR card in hand.
actually they don't stop you go out of Canada but you have to maintain Ur Residency in Canada ......

but my suggestion don't come back before 2 years if there is not any urgency... coz it may harm some how Ur citizen ship time.
thanks guys,,,some more inputs will b welcomed plz