+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some great fingers crossed news! Quick ?

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Well fiance finally got his waiver. We are both in the trucking industry although I have not driven since this summer. Amazingly he went on a job interview from my urging to run stateside and holy cow! They have pickups right in my small town and will keep him on those accounts! So if all goes well he will be able to meet my oldest daughter and family next week and then we will be able to see him more frequently since he will be in the states in our area. So here are the questions...we have a duplex that we just leased in Brampton in both our names. We are also talking of me just staying stateside during the whole app process and renting a place along his run here in both our names so that immigration can see that we lived together as much as possible. Do you think it will help or hinder if he is on a lease in the states also in terms of sponsorship? All his mail will go to the Canadian address this will just be a place for us when he can jump off the road for a few days.
Also would it be an issue if we occasionally cross in the truck at times since I got that visitor record and he is linked to my info on Foss notes? Our plan is to say that I will just be staying with him during his few days in Toronto and then going back again and we will most likely have some sort of lease with my name on it here to show.
All I know is this takes the pressure off me wanting to be there when I can see him a few times a month!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
As for having his name on a lease in the States, I think it demonstrates you are intermingling your lives. My husband's name is on the lease for my apartment here in Jamaica, and on the utility bills, even though his permanent address is in Canada.

No information on the crossing question, perhaps another American poster can help.

Wells Dad

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Patricksgirls.....

You're braver than we are......my wife and I have been back and forth many times over the past 16 years or so, and we've found that both sides seem to be getting pickier. Me personally, I wouldn't try what you're suggesting. I have a sponsorship app /PR app going right now for my wife, and in the meantime we're trying NOT to do anything that might jeopardize it. Although I know it would carry some weight having a lease in your name stateside.

I've looked on the other threads and not been able to find this.....who is sponsoring whom, in your case?