+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some false information spread by so called Indian Education Consultants

Maddy1994

Dec 9, 2015
Dear All,

If you are reading this then you must be thinking of studying in a Canadian University / College. Below are some rumors/myths spread by Indian Education consultants that I would like share with you so that you are not duped of your/your parents hard earned money:

1) Myth: That you cannot apply to advanced diploma after under graduation in India as your visa will get rejected. Fact : You can !!!! As long as you can explain in the SOP as to why you want to do a advanced diploma the visa officer will approve your visa (provided all other conditions are met), the reason consultants push you towards post grad certificates is because they get a higher commission on them (30% of your fee) as locals most of the time DO NOT go for post grad certificates, I have seen many locals go for advanced diploma after completing their graduation.

2) Myth: A gap years are a negative in the eyes of the visa office. Fact: A gap year is not a negative as long as you can explain what or where you were, the visa officer would just like to know if you were not doing anything illegal in your gap year like doing/selling drugs or training with some terrorist organization that's all!!!! If you say you were helping in your family business , or looking after a sick relative that would be enough.

3) Myth: Changing your course after you have paid the fee is a negative in the eyes of the visa officer / work visa officer or at the time of applying for PR. LOL no!!!! They are just trying to save their commission.

4) Myth: You cannot change streams and go for a different course. Fact: This is partially true but agents twist this to achieve their own means. For example : If you have done B.com with specialization in finance and want to go for HR post grad after your graduation, you can DO THAT!!!!! The agent either wants to push you towards that course (because of higher commission ) or he/she wants to bring your visa chances to 100% from 90%(in case of stream change) because he/she doesn't want to loose out on commission or doesn't want to work hard to strengthen your application. What you cant do is for example after doing B.com go for say engineering or pilot training. If you have managed to secure an admission then the college/university thinks your Visa chances are high.

One very prominent example of the above is that my friend wanted to do a course in Hotel Management after doing B.com(hons) from Delhi University , so he applied and got into one course in GBC , he explained in his SOP that his interests lie in the culinary field and not in the commerce field and that there are no courses in India that are able to give him the necessary skill and education in a short period of time, since he did not want to do another 3 year undergraduate degree , and he was successfully in getting his study permit.

5) Myth: 3 year degrees are not accepted in Canadian Universities. Fact: They are!!!!! If you go to a Canadian universities website they have written 4 year undergraduate degree or EQUIVALENT , so email the university and ask them if they accept you three year undergrad degree and 90% of the time they will as long as your degree is NAAC A grade (sorry DU guys).

If you cant get into a University then colleges are also excellent. Its just that these consultants push you towards bad courses , which the locals do not do so that they get a higher commission. So if you want to go to a college then please go for an advanced diploma.

Sorry for the bad syntax and grammar but I am writing this on my mobile and I just got my Visa today by doing entirely the opposite of what the education consulatnats told me to and I am feeling so angry , that these guys blatantly and openly lie and play with the future of students.

So stop being gullible pricks :mad: and use your brains and apply by yourself. DO NOT FALL VICTIM TO THE FEAR MONGERING OF THESE AGENTS. If you go to agents to get an application fee waiver then email that college that you want an application fee waiver and they will give it to you as an application fee waiver is not just for one agent but for all students that are applying to that course, you just have to ask.

I swear the canadian high commission should take strict action against these agents and these agents are not just those small agents but big players also like The Chopras , Canam etc

Maddy1994

Dec 9, 2015
Also note that people with study gap more than 5 years also get a visa , i have met with people having 5.5 years work ex get visa under SPP and have seen a post by someone with 10 years work ex get a visa under SPP. The reason the education consultant tell s you that you wont be able to get a visa is that a) they themselves dont have enough knowledge / experience b) they dont want to work hard on your case and want o focus on easier cases. If you still dont believe me then think logically as to who goes for such post grad courses, the answer is obviously working professionals who want to further improve their skills.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I'm not indian but i had almost 20 year study gap AND i was a muture student (well in to my 40s) when i applied and was accepted on an advanced diploma.

pkishan1990

Jul 29, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reality! appreciated, I got admit in 3 colleges and 1 university, I chose later one.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Maddy1994 said:
Dear All,

If you are reading this then you must be thinking of studying in a Canadian University / College. Below are some rumors/myths spread by Indian Education consultants that I would like share with you so that you are not duped of your/your parents hard earned money:

1) Myth: That you cannot apply to advanced diploma after under graduation in India as your visa will get rejected. Fact : You can !!!! As long as you can explain in the SOP as to why you want to do a advanced diploma the visa officer will approve your visa (provided all other conditions are met), the reason consultants push you towards post grad certificates is because they get a higher commission on them (30% of your fee) as locals most of the time DO NOT go for post grad certificates, I have seen many locals go for advanced diploma after completing their graduation.

hi,

I appreciate your concern regarding fake information provided by some consultants and i agree with you,

but, please define the difference between these two terms -

Post-secondary program - ( it requires level 12 education not graduation 3/4 years right ? )

College Graduate Certificate - ( it requires College Advanced Diploma or degree and person with 12 is not eligible for this right )

So, how can you say people can go to advanced diplomas after completing their degree's ? why not for graduate certificates which are directly linked to their previous education,as many applications are rejected just due to proposed studies

Thank you,

Maddy1994

Dec 9, 2015
hardeep bal said:
hi,

I appreciate your concern regarding fake information provided by some consultants and i agree with you,

but, please define the difference between these two terms -

Post-secondary program - ( it requires level 12 education not graduation 3/4 years right ? )

College Graduate Certificate - ( it requires College Advanced Diploma or degree and person with 12 is not eligible for this right )

So, how can you say people can go to advanced diplomas after completing their degree's ? why not for graduate certificates which are directly linked to their previous education,as many applications are rejected just due to proposed studies

Thank you,

Hi,

Here are the differences:

Post secondary : The REQUIREMENTS of post secondary are that you should be a 12th pass, a person who has done undergrad degree can apply to this program as he meets the rquirment of 12th pass, many people in canada do advanced diplomas after doing their undergrad as they want to change their field of work, for example a graudate in litrature might want to get into taxation and accounting so he does an advanced diploma. The visa officer understands that many students want to change their field after undergrad as while studying the student finds out that he does not have interest in the field of work after undergrad degree. For eg my friend had done B.com (hons) and after completing the degree he realized that he found commerce boring and wanted to do something in the culinary field so he joined GBC. Please see post by yyzstudent

graduate certificate: the REQUIRMENTS of graduate certificate is that you should have an undergraduate degree , a person who has done just 12th cannot enroll for grad certificates.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Maddy1994 said:
Hi,

Here are the differences:

Post secondary : The REQUIREMENTS of post secondary are that you should be a 12th pass, a person who has done undergrad degree can apply to this program as he meets the rquirment of 12th pass, many people in canada do advanced diplomas after doing their undergrad as they want to change their field of work, for example a graudate in litrature might want to get into taxation and accounting so he does an advanced diploma. The visa officer understands that many students want to change their field after undergrad as while studying the student finds out that he does not have interest in the field of work after undergrad degree. For eg my friend had done B.com (hons) and after completing the degree he realized that he found commerce boring and wanted to do something in the culinary field so he joined GBC. Please see post by yyzstudent

graduate certificate: the REQUIRMENTS of graduate certificate is that you should have an undergraduate degree , a person who has done just 12th cannot enroll for grad certificates.
Exactly I am saying the same thing,but after b.com doing an advanced diploma would be a problem for getting visa at least for Indian students.

Jinal

Oct 26, 2016
Hello!

Please please help me with my query!!
I have completed my graduation this year in BMS - Bachelor of Management studies. And I want to do a Hospitality Management course in Canada. I have 2 internships in that field.

I consulted counsellors and they told me that I won't be able to do Hospitality Management right away since it is not related to my previous education. They told me to do a 1 year course in any field that is related to my education and after that is over I can go for Hospitality Management.

I don't know what to do.. and I need to make a decision ASAP :(