+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some doubt about filling up the statutory declaration of common law form

godisgreat4all

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hi ,

I have some doubts about filling up the statutory declaration of common law form

1) Who will fill up this form ? Sponsor or sponsor's common law partner

2) County of ? What is the county if my sponsor lives in Toronto Downtown.

3) There is a section which says if none of the above things you have then what are the documents that prove your common law relationship?

1) I have declared my common-law partner as my level 2 authorized representative of my and my mothers income tax.
2) He is authorized representative of my internet and cable connection by Bell.
3) He is authorized representative of my Hydro connection by Toronto Hydro.
4) He is added as the occupant of my old and new apartment , as he was in visitor visa so we can not add him as one of the lease holders
I do not have any Insurance or any other property in my name so the question of adding him to it as a partner is not applicable for us.
5) Our home phone connection with Comwave was taken by him initially as prepaid , so you will get to see our both names there in the profile page.
6) His regular bank statement at our home address.
7) Reference letters from our friends and relatives and other proves are attached with the list of documents.
8) We have joint bank accounts since year 2010.

So are these prooves good enough to establish the relationship.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
The requirements they list on the document are not all mandatory. You just need as many proofs as possible to show an overall common-law relationship.

Also are you the applicant and you are looking to prove you are common-law with your sponsor? If this is so, then you DO NOT need to fill out statutory declaration of common-law form. This form is only if there are 2 sponsors who are common-law, that are co-sponsoring someone else (like a kid or parent).

One additional easy way to get more proof, is to buy a cheap spousal term life insurance with each other listed as primary beneficiary.