+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some confusion about CSQ

jamesy31

Oct 31, 2015
Hi,
I am applying for CSQ soon, but I am just wondering if we need to live in Quebec after submitting an application for CSQ and before getting the result of CSQ. I know that it may be silly, just want to make sure before applying for it because I am quite new to CSQ. If it isn't I am also wondering from when, I need to live in Quebec. (ex., right away after getting CSQ, before applying for next stage, Quebec Skilled Worker at the federal stage, or some other points.)

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you a work/study/some other kind of permit/visa, you are not authorized to live in Quebec until you receive PR (from CIC, after receiving CSQ and then applying for pr).

Immigration to Qc is a 2 step process.

jamesy31

Oct 31, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Unless you a work/study/some other kind of permit/visa, you are not authorized to live in Quebec until you receive PR (from CIC, after receiving CSQ and then applying for pr).

Immigration to Qc is a 2 step process.
Thanks for your reply. I am currently living in Toronto with my husband, but I was not sure about it whether I should move into Quebec to apply for CSQ because some part of Quebec immigration website says,

"To be selected as an immigrant worker, you must, in particular:

'settle in Québec with the goal of being employed there'
hold at least one diploma that corresponds, in the Québec education system, to a Secondary School Diploma or a Diploma of Vocational Studies
have acquired training and occupational skills that will facilitate your integration into the job market."

The first one was so confusing to me. Thanks :)