+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some clarification about PR renewal please advice seniors, thank you.

Kassis 1989

May 20, 2014
Thank you for this helpful forum, I have a couple of questions regarding PR renewal, in the PR renewal form question number 20-address history, we spend 2 years of the last 5 years working in Dubai during these 2 years we have been travelling for different reasons do we need to mention all the addresses that we have been to during these 2 years or is it enough to just mention the address that we used to live in Dubai, keeping in mind that in these 2 years we have not been to Canada? Same thing applies for question number 22-travel history.

We are 4 members in the family with 17 year old daughter and 23 year old son do we send as 4 separate envelopes or all in one envelope? And regarding my daughter should I send her as a separate envelope or with a parent?

Thank you in advance.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kassis 1989 said:
Thank you for this helpful forum, I have a couple of questions regarding PR renewal, in the PR renewal form question number 20-address history, we spend 2 years of the last 5 years working in Dubai during these 2 years we have been travelling for different reasons do we need to mention all the addresses that we have been to during these 2 years or is it enough to just mention the address that we used to live in Dubai, keeping in mind that in these 2 years we have not been to Canada? Same thing applies for question number 22-travel history.

We are 4 members in the family with 17 year old daughter and 23 year old son do we send as 4 separate envelopes or all in one envelope? And regarding my daughter should I send her as a separate envelope or with a parent?

Thank you in advance.
You need to give your Dubai address. Temporary addresses where ever you visited need not be shown.
But you need to show the places you visited -City and Country but not address - in the travel history.
You can send all the family member's application together in one envelope or separately as you wish.
Individual applications prepared for each family member can be mailed together. Every PR has their own Client ID numbers.

Kassis 1989

May 20, 2014
Thank you for your response it was really helpful. I have something else I am not sure about is question number 22 about the travel history what should be written in the box where it says period to be assessed?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
period between the date you sign for the application and 5 years back from that date so if today then June 22, 2009 - June 22, 2014.

Kassis 1989

May 20, 2014
Thank you for your reply. I have another concern; we've submitted our application to renew the PR card but our passports need to be renewed, so should we renew it or should we keep the old passports that we used in the PR application until we receive a reply from CIC?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Kassis 1989

May 20, 2014
Re: could you please help and reply to the clarification about PR renewal ,

Kassis 1989 said:
Thank you for your reply. I have another concern; we've submitted our application to renew the PR card but our passports need to be renewed, so should we renew it or should we keep the old passports that we used in the PR application until we receive a reply from CIC?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your country of citizenship returns your old passports then just renew. If it retains/ destroys or any other action where you don't get the old passports back then you need to copy all pages (color copy is best) and preferably get them translated (non english/french stamps or annotations) and notarized prior to sending your old passports off for renewal.

While this may result in signifcant costs it will save you much grief if CIC decide to dig further into either your PR Card renewal or eventual citizenship application where any of the qualifying residence period is within the validity of the old passports. CIC don't like the 'lost/missing/retained' passport explanation as the residence fraudsters milked the cow dry with these!!