+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[solved] Job offer - Employer closing business

nikitasss

Feb 20, 2022
Hello,
I was given a Job Offer from a Canadian company and applied for a work permit under the Francophone Mobility Program (LMIA exemption).
My work permit application was approved and I was given an approval letter.
I am now eligible for the Alberta Express Entry Stream and will have enough point for my EE profile.

The issue now is that my employer is telling me they are probably going to sell the business and the new owner is unlikely to hire me on my arrival in Canada...

Can I still enter Canada and keep my PR if I do not work for the employer that gave me a job offer letter? :eek:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I was given a Job Offer from a Canadian company and applied for a work permit under the Francophone Mobility Program (LMIA exemption).
My work permit application was approved and I was given an approval letter.
I am now eligible for the Alberta Express Entry Stream and will have enough point for my EE profile.

The issue now is that my employer is telling me they are probably going to sell the business and the new owner is unlikely to hire me on my arrival in Canada...

Can I still enter Canada and keep my PR if I do not work for the employer that gave me a job offer letter? :eek:
It will depend on the timing of when all of this happens. As part of processing the application, IRCC will often verify that you still have a job offer. If IRCC conducts this verification after the business has been sold and you no longer have the job, then IRCC will say that you no longer meet the requirements of the program.

If your employer sells the business and you lose your job before you are selected under EE and submit your complete application, then I would recommend that you not apply under EE. You want to avoid any risk of IRCC saying this is misrepresentation since you were already without a job at the time you applied.

nikitasss

Feb 20, 2022
It will depend on the timing of when all of this happens. As part of processing the application, IRCC will often verify that you still have a job offer. If IRCC conducts this verification after the business has been sold and you no longer have the job, then IRCC will say that you no longer meet the requirements of the program.

If your employer sells the business and you lose your job before you are selected under EE and submit your complete application, then I would recommend that you not apply under EE. You want to avoid any risk of IRCC saying this is misrepresentation since you were already without a job at the time you applied.
Thanks a lot for your answer!
They are saying it will most likely be sold by the end of the year (Oct~Dec)... I am not sure how long it will take to process my application by the IRCC...
So for example if they close business a day after I get my PR, i m still fine? They do not do post-pr-grant checks?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a lot for your answer!
They are saying it will most likely be sold by the end of the year (Oct~Dec)... I am not sure how long it will take to process my application by the IRCC...
So for example if they close business a day after I get my PR, i m still fine? They do not do post-pr-grant checks?
That's right. There are no post-PR checks.

Reactions: nikitasss