+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing - H1B - AVR Option

Puneet076

Mar 22, 2019
Hello All,

I am in the US on H1B and my COPR expires in August 2020 and planning to do a soft landing along with my family in July 2020. We are going to be quarantined for 14 days and come back to the USA. Since, we don't have stamping on our passport and consulate are not yet opened, we are planning to use Automatic Visa Re-validation (AVR) option to enter the USA border.

Anyone tried this option recently? How was the experience?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hello All,

I am in the US on H1B and my COPR expires in August 2020 and planning to do a soft landing along with my family in July 2020. We are going to be quarantined for 14 days and come back to the USA. Since, we don't have stamping on our passport and consulate are not yet opened, we are planning to use Automatic Visa Re-validation (AVR) option to enter the USA border.

Anyone tried this option recently? How was the experience?
Just have your approved I797 and I94 ready with usual documents like passport etc, those are the documents you would need while travelling back to US.

viveksharmaz

Sep 14, 2018
Hi Puneet ,

I am also in a similar situation as you. Need some insight from you .
1.Were you able to Quarantine for 15 Days and return to USA using AVR process.
2. Did you traveled via Road or via Airline to quarantine for 15 days .
3. If you traveled via airlines Did you had any issues with the Airlines when you flew out of USA using your AVR process .
4. I know many people have returned via land using AVR process, so just checking in case u flew to activate ur COPR
5. What all questions they ask at the Airport when you are returning after 15 days for the AVR.

Mine is Saskatchewan PNP and my COPR is valid till Sep 2021 . I want to travel asap before anymore rule changes.
Can you please reply back to me . My email is vivz12@gmail.com and I my number is +1-6465757583 . Any help or reply in this regards is greatly appreciated .

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi Puneet ,

I am also in a similar situation as you. Need some insight from you .
1.Were you able to Quarantine for 15 Days and return to USA using AVR process.
2. Did you traveled via Road or via Airline to quarantine for 15 days .
3. If you traveled via airlines Did you had any issues with the Airlines when you flew out of USA using your AVR process .
4. I know many people have returned via land using AVR process, so just checking in case u flew to activate ur COPR
5. What all questions they ask at the Airport when you are returning after 15 days for the AVR.

Mine is Saskatchewan PNP and my COPR is valid till Sep 2021 . I want to travel asap before anymore rule changes.
Can you please reply back to me . My email is vivz12@gmail.com and I my number is +1-6465757583 . Any help or reply in this regards is greatly appreciated .
I think starting from last July or August you are no longer allowed to do soft landing.

viveksharmaz

Sep 14, 2018
I think starting from last July or August you are no longer allowed to do soft landing.
Nah People are still doing it .. I know at least 2-3 guys who just returned through peace border doing soft landing and they were not even asked to fill arrive can app or even Quarantine.. My only concern is I have not found anyone who did that in Saskatchewan... through Land.. so I am asking if any one used AVR and travelled back to USA after 15 days..