+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Secure

mghaderi

Jun 6, 2018
Hi ,
We would like to immigrate to Canada via entrepreneur program but my wife has MS diseases , in medical test will not show the symptoms of disease , and the treatment medication is too much expensive (more than 1000USD/month) .
can we support by social secure services during work permit ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
For any medical you are supposed to declare health conditions else could be considered possible misrepresentation and cannot bring more than 90 days medication into the country.

Last edited:

mghaderi

Jun 6, 2018
I heard that for investment program can get PR immediately .
Do you have any idea for covering medication on this way ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most provinces do not cover medication. People receive extended medical benefits through their employer. Also they may qualify for help paying for their medication if their family income is low and their cost of medication is high. The investor program tends to be a very long process and many of the programs have been closed. Your wife will still have to pass a medical.

mghaderi

Jun 6, 2018
Most provinces do not cover medication. People receive extended medical benefits through their employer. Also they may qualify for help paying for their medication if their family income is low and their cost of medication is high. The investor program tends to be a very long process and many of the programs have been closed. Your wife will still have to pass a medical.
Thank you for your kind information.
I checked the Canada website and entrepreneur program still open for BC , Manitoba , ...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thank you for your kind information.
I checked the Canada website and entrepreneur program still open for BC , Manitoba , ...
That may be true but do not underestimate qualifying for the program given as you have read it is more than simply showing your 500-600k net worth, a business plan , a 6 figure investment and qualifying points to be invited, you still need to qualify for PR once nominated as a genuine investor as it is IRCC who decide PR not the province so is unlikely a fast path to PR.

Last edited: