+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social customs in Canada

funkypandaz

Mar 15, 2017
Hot2Cold said:
As a rule please don't generalize and make statements that cover a wide range of people. you can use adjective like few, some, most etc. But to make a sweeping statements about a all people from a particular country (or any class of people) is generalization, stereotyping and plain wrong.

Thank you, eh!
Okay I agree but hey I am Indian too. So I know my people quite well to make such a judgment.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am Indian too and would say the same that Indians like to be within their own click and celebrate Diwali, Holi, Ganpati, etc. I dont belong to that religion and dont celebrate those festivals so didnt care about celebrating them anyway. i wanted to integrate and learn about new cultures that I would not get in India.

I wanted to brush up on the French I learnt in college so i decided to speak to my classmate in French. She told me that if I wanted to learn French, I should take classes. She had come to improve her english and not teach someone else french. So that's when i decided that if i wanted to integrate, I would have be miles away from people from my country.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
funkypandaz said:
Okay I agree but hey I am Indian too. So I know my people quite well to make such a judgment.
I am Indian too, and you don't know me at all.

I know scores of Indians that, though they may be close to Indians culturally are fully integrated into Canadian Society.