416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV. 7th 2016 (App Received... : NOV. 9th 2016)
AOR Received.
NOV. 22nd 2016 / SA: DEC. 2nd 2016
Apparently if the VO requests documents from the person being sponsored, then you must mail them, but if you upload them those are only gonna be able to accessed by the office in Mississauga. Just today I was on the phone with the CIC and they said so. :eek: I didn't know this until today but just thought I should post this here so everyone's aware.

If you're unsure, just to be in the safe zone.. mail them. Also upload the same documents.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
416siha said:
Apparently if the VO requests documents from the person being sponsored, then you must mail them, but if you upload them those are only gonna be able to accessed by the office in Mississauga. Just today I was on the phone with the CIC and they said so. :eek: I didn't know this until today but just thought I should post this here so everyone's aware.

If you're unsure, just to be in the safe zone.. mail them. Also upload the same documents.
What you were told doesn't sound at all accurate based on my observations over the past five months.

I have almost no faith in what the people on the phone say unless it directly relates to a specific application itself. I've seen too much misinformation or flat-out inaccurate stuff posted.

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Are you serious? She also told me that if we are to mail digitally signed documents from post office, like the Schedule-A form the VO re-requested then she doesn't have to sign it by ink. Back to calling tomorrow just to confirm.. now I don't know who to trust or what info to follow.. Frustrating I'm not even kiddin.. I used my whole break just to wait on the line for an available person.. I just want everything to work out..

I do apologize if this is wrong info, knowing how tough this whole process is I just didn't want anyone to go through tough times. But didn't know they would misinform us in situations like this.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
416siha said:
Are you serious? She also told me that if we are to mail digitally signed documents from post office, like the Schedule-A form the VO re-requested then she doesn't have to sign it by ink. Back to calling tomorrow just to confirm.. now I don't know who to trust or what info to follow.. Frustrating I'm not even kiddin.. I used my whole break just to wait on the line for an available person.. I just want everything to work out.. :'(

I do apologize if this is wrong info, knowing how tough this whole process is I just didn't want anyone to go through tough times. But didn't know they would misinform us in situations like this.
I'm mainly thinking about the part where the VOs don't have access to uploaded documents. While I never had to upload any documents myself, other people on the same timeline I was on at my VO did. It definitely seemed like the VO had no issue getting the uploaded documents.

No idea on the document signature thing. I sympathize with your frustration. It's annoying to not get straight answers, and you're all guinea pigs right now with the new application kit.

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
danawhitaker said:
I'm mainly thinking about the part where the VOs don't have access to uploaded documents. While I never had to upload any documents myself, other people on the same timeline I was on at my VO did. It definitely seemed like the VO had no issue getting the uploaded documents.

No idea on the document signature thing. I sympathize with your frustration. It's annoying to not get straight answers, and you're all guinea pigs right now with the new application kit.
This is what we are going to do. I'm going to upload all her documents in behalf of her to my cic account and she will log in from my account and digitally sign them. After that she's also going to mail them at the same time from over there. As for the Schedule A form which is supposed to be digitally signed, she will sign it above the digital signature before sending through the post office as well.

I mean it wouldn't hurt to send them through MyCIC and mail the same stuff through the post office just to be in safe zone right?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
416siha said:
Are you serious? She also told me that if we are to mail digitally signed documents from post office, like the Schedule-A form the VO re-requested then she doesn't have to sign it by ink. Back to calling tomorrow just to confirm.. now I don't know who to trust or what info to follow.. Frustrating I'm not even kiddin.. I used my whole break just to wait on the line for an available person.. I just want everything to work out..

What you say may be right or may not be. All I know is that you can get different responses to the same questions. I called the IRCC help line twice one day and got two different agents to answer questions about my application not being opened. One agent was helpful and tried to give me more info about my app (sent me emails about processing times that I had not seen before) while the other one just dismissed my concerns saying that there's nothing they could do (basically trying to get me off the line because I was asking a stupid question in his opinion).

So when it comes to getting information, I would take it with a grain of salt. If it is really important, I would go get a second opinion.

But thanks for putting out some new info that might come in handy later on.