Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Thank you so much to everyone's advice!!! This has more so worried. Mostly because of the private contents of the package.

My husband called today bc we put his name with the return address. Do you think it'll be a problem if I'm the one who calls? It's my email we gave them though which has my first and last name in it. So, maybe it'll be okay? It's just that I am way more firm with people in situations like this than my husband. If someone doesn't do their job properly, he'll just brush it off... me on the other hand.. oh hell no! I paid for them to do their job. Plain and simple. haha

SenoritaBella said:
Nothing surprises me with Canada Post. You can do your own part in tracking the package but continue calling Canada Post, everyday if you can and escalate it to the supervisor. If you aren't getting any results, email your complaint to the Canada post Ombudsman (phone #: 1-800-204-4198) and outline what steps you've taken to resolve it. Normally, the Ombudsman can't act if the ticket # for your case is still 'open' but filing the complaint regardless ensures that they will try to make inquiries(which alerts Canada post you are not going away quietly).
You may also want to get in touch with the Canada post outlet in Missisauga.

The things to emphasize are:
1) you paid them to deliver a service and provide proof of delivery - they haven't (it's not your job to get in touch with the receiver);
2) you need proof of delivery and will only accept a) delivery signature visible through your tracking # (may be impossible at this stage) or b) email confirmation obtained by Canada post from CIC which confirms delivery date, name of person who signed for it, etc;
3) the sensitive nature of the contents of the package - SIN, passport information, photos, etc which in the wrong hands can enable someone to assume your identity. Identity theft is a billion dollar industry so that's the value of your package;
4) ask that the canada post employee who sends you this proof should have their full name and contact information (phone #) whom you can call and speak to.

This is what I did and they got it done. I also got a full refund. Even months after, my tracking still shows "in sorting facility" and what I came to understand is my package was delivered but they didn't get a signature for whatever reason though I paid for that option.
<3 <3 <3
I am going to have your text right in front of me when I call tomorrow! ;D
Thank you so so so much.

Btw, I already got the email about the refund. So we should hopefully get that within a week (yeah right, probably will take longer). But the most important part to me, is knowing the package got there safely.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
@Leah: When I sent you that package last month, it was delivered on a Monday, but it wasn't until Wednesday that the Canada Post tracking page changed to "Delivered". So for two days it said "out for delivery". Also, I signed up for email notification, but I never got one.

I agree that you have to take it up with Canada Post, not with CIC. You paid them to offer you a service (deliver a package) and they failed. The receiver has nothing to do with it. Emphasize that point to them. A good analogy that comes to mind it this: if I pay for a telephone contract and I cannot make calls, who is responsible? The telephone company or the person I was going to call?

I hope you can sort things out quickly and that your package is in Mississauga, but they simply forgot to get a signature or update the tracking on it.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
This is exactly why I avoided Canada Post like the plague when sending in my application. They can really suck sometimes! And they are really expensive!

Canadianfairy

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/3/2014
AOR Received.
6/5/2014 &amp; 16/5/2014
Med's Done....
13/3/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/9/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/2014
LANDED..........
21/01/2015
Calling CIC wont help... I did this when my package was apparently not delivered and CIC told me there was nothing received.... I only found out it was not lost and in fact delivered when I got my AOR about 6 weeks later. Canada post was also no help what so ever.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
my package has also been out for delivery at cpc mississauga since 8.20am yesterday. I asked for xpresspost with signature.
Just shows no update. I have already generated a service ticket number at Canada post and am waiting to hear back from a supervisor in the next 3 hours.

Lets see what they say. Really very upset with this service from Canada post. What is the point of paying for a signature at delivery if their staff do not bother to get one or they can't. You don't sell a service if you can't deliver what you promise a customer.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It shouldn't be a problem calling on your hubby's behalf, I don't think (as long as you don't impersonate him... lol). Yeah, I totally understand your worries and more likely than not, it was delivered but you can't be sure without proof.
I'm sure the refund is the least of your worries... hope you get better news soon. Keep us posted.:)

lleahdoll said:
Thank you so much to everyone's advice!!! This has more so worried. Mostly because of the private contents of the package.

My husband called today bc we put his name with the return address. Do you think it'll be a problem if I'm the one who calls? It's my email we gave them though which has my first and last name in it. So, maybe it'll be okay? It's just that I am way more firm with people in situations like this than my husband. If someone doesn't do their job properly, he'll just brush it off... me on the other hand.. oh hell no! I paid for them to do their job. Plain and simple. haha
<3 <3 <3
I am going to have your text right in front of me when I call tomorrow! ;D
Thank you so so so much.

Btw, I already got the email about the refund. So we should hopefully get that within a week (yeah right, probably will take longer). But the most important part to me, is knowing the package got there safely.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FWIW, Canada Post has delivered parcels to me in the past and two days later I check the tracking status (just because)...only to see `Out for Delivery'.

It seems like their tracking system could use some work.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Thanks everyone for all the responses!!
I checked today and it was FINALLY updated to Delivered.... guess the date it was delivered... MONDAY.
-_-
So it just didn't update for 2 days. What kind of crap is that?! Seems like a lot of you had a very similar situation. What is the point of giving us a tracking number to track our very important package, to not update it?! Seriously, what's the point?
AND, I clicked the "Get Delivery Certificate" button... NO SIGNATURE. What the hell did I pay for it then?!

I told my husband, I am never using Canada Post again. He said, yeah at least for not anything important. And I said.. but isn't all mail kind of important? hahah..

I ordered a drawing tablet from Amazon on September 8th (in the wee morning around 2 am). Got it the NEXT DAY. The 9th. And it wasn't schedule to arrive until today. Even when they updated the delivery it said it might arrive around 9pm. Well, it around about 5pm, and one day early.
You know who delivered it? UPS.
Bravo UPS, bravo.

lol

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
soonihope said:
my package has also been out for delivery at cpc mississauga since 8.20am yesterday. I asked for xpresspost with signature.
Just shows no update. I have already generated a service ticket number at Canada post and am waiting to hear back from a supervisor in the next 3 hours.

Lets see what they say. Really very upset with this service from Canada post. What is the point of paying for a signature at delivery if their staff do not bother to get one or they can't. You don't sell a service if you can't deliver what you promise a customer.
Good luck!! I feel your pain!!!
Let us know when it's delivered!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
lleahdoll said:
Good luck!! I feel your pain!!!
Let us know when it's delivered!
Thanks have my fingers crossed. The supervisor who phoned me from canada post said they should updated the online status by the end of the week.
Can only wait till then. However I got some comfort and hope seeing your positive update.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
soonihope said:
Thanks have my fingers crossed. The supervisor who phoned me from canada post said they should updated the online status by the end of the week.
Can only wait till then. However I got some comfort and hope seeing your positive update.
Isn't it ridiculous thought the we have to wait days for it to be updated? What's the point of tracking it then? haha

It's extra nerve racking since CIC isn't our friend and can't call and be like "OMG yay, I received your package!!"
LOL....

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
online status updated today late afternoon to DELIVERED.
our package was in fact delivered 2 days ago on the same day item was first showing out for delivery.

I guess its fair to say if you use Canada Post don't expect status to update from out for delivery to delivered on the same day. Can take about 2 days to update.

I suppose it would be helpful if canada post would state this when you go to post a letter with tracking that it could be a couple of days before delivery can be confirmed.

Just to add that I did get a signature on the delivery certificate.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Definitely avoid Canada Post like the plague for sending immigration stuff. I chose UPS because they were cheaper, and I could see where my package was every step of the way from ups store, to ups truck, to driving here, driving there, and finally, late morning I saw it was delivered to cic Mississauga, and the name of the person who signed for it. This doesn't help anyone who already sent their application, but for anyone who is going to send in the future, avoid Canada Post.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Just a funny observation. My package from Germany, sent with DHL, arrived to Mississauga in three days, same as your package (but you live just one province away).

And a tip for whoever sends from abroad: send it by courier and use the courier address (not the PO box). This way it is guaranteed that the package will not be picked up by Canada Post once in Canada, instead it will be picked up and delivered by a courier service.
If you send it by normal post to the PO box, then your package will be picked up by Canada Post from the border sorting facility, and you might have the same problems with late delivery.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
soonihope said:
online status updated today late afternoon to DELIVERED.
our package was in fact delivered 2 days ago on the same day item was first showing out for delivery.

I guess its fair to say if you use Canada Post don't expect status to update from out for delivery to delivered on the same day. Can take about 2 days to update.

I suppose it would be helpful if canada post would state this when you go to post a letter with tracking that it could be a couple of days before delivery can be confirmed.

Just to add that I did get a signature on the delivery certificate.
Yay!! I'm glad yours finally updated as well! How ridiculous is it that it takes two days to tell us it's delivered?! Even when we had called them, the lady said she knew as much as we did.... And she even said that it might mean our package was lost (it wasn't). And she said she wasn't even authorized to say that to us.... yeah, I wonder why. -_-

tink23 said:
Definitely avoid Canada Post like the plague for sending immigration stuff. I chose UPS because they were cheaper, and I could see where my package was every step of the way from ups store, to ups truck, to driving here, driving there, and finally, late morning I saw it was delivered to cic Mississauga, and the name of the person who signed for it. This doesn't help anyone who already sent their application, but for anyone who is going to send in the future, avoid Canada Post.
I really wish I knew this before!! I also just figured that UPS or FedEx would be more expensive...

Avadava said:
Just a funny observation. My package from Germany, sent with DHL, arrived to Mississauga in three days, same as your package (but you live just one province away).

And a tip for whoever sends from abroad: send it by courier and use the courier address (not the PO box). This way it is guaranteed that the package will not be picked up by Canada Post once in Canada, instead it will be picked up and delivered by a courier service.
If you send it by normal post to the PO box, then your package will be picked up by Canada Post from the border sorting facility, and you might have the same problems with late delivery.
Good tip!! :)