+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SNIP Point Calculation

Afzal.H

Oct 10, 2016
Hi

Please guide me as I completed my profile for SNIP but still confused as my NOC is 2171. I need 15 point in work experience to reach 60 targeted point. I have more then 12 Years experience but experience related to 2171 is 6 Years and reaming is related to accountancy category which is not in CIO. My question is that Can I get full 15 point for 12 Year experience or can get reduced point?

Kind Regards

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
I think it has to be within the same NOC, but the website doesn't make it clear. You can email them your question.

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
Hi Afzal,

I believe you will be able to claim points only for your experience under the relevant NOC.

What degrees/diplomas do you have?

Thanks.

Afzal.H

Oct 10, 2016
A count ant said:
Hi Afzal,

I believe you will be able to claim points only for your experience under the relevant NOC.

What degrees/diplomas do you have?

Thanks.
I have Master Degree (MBA Finance) and I am Oracle Functional Consultant based in UAE.

Afzal.H

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
I am in a similar boat as yourself.

The only thing that needs confirmation in your case is that would you be eligible to claim points for an IT NOC even if you do not have education in that field?

Have you researched on this? Please do share the same with me.

Afzal.H

Oct 10, 2016
A count ant said:

The only thing that needs confirmation in your case is that would you be eligible to claim points for an IT NOC even if you do not have education in that field?

Have you researched on this? Please do share the same with me.
Is this the case? But for Functional Consultant, its important to have a financial knowledge rather then computer science. Will see.

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
A count ant said:

For the EE stream, SINP requires experience within the last 10 years in your field of education. There was someone here in the forum once that mention being rejected because his expedience didn't match hia education. Since I am on same boat I emailed SINP Immigration asking that exact question and they said that a complete application will be needed in order to make that assesment with certainty. My guess is that they might make exceptions.

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
Afzal.H said:
Is this the case? But for Functional Consultant, its important to have a financial knowledge rather then computer science. Will see.
agreed with that but I wonder if that is how Case Officers see it. This is a very important question as it can help many applicants in making their decisions.

Please do share with us the outcome on this thread whenever it may be.

createrk

May 25, 2016
Guys i am in the same boat, i have my bachelors degree in Instrumentation and Control but have all my years work experience in NOC 2171 (Information Technology)

Even i have seen applications getting rejected because of the same reasons (Education not matching with Work experience) and its unfortunate that i couln't apply now. Strangely Federal doesn't have any requirements like this.

Would be great if anyone got any positive response from SINP on this topic.

Afzal.H

Oct 10, 2016
Afzal.H said:
Hi

Please guide me as I completed my profile for SNIP but still confused as my NOC is 2171. I need 15 point in work experience to reach 60 targeted point. I have more then 12 Years experience but experience related to 2171 is 6 Years and reaming is related to accountancy category which is not in CIO. My question is that Can I get full 15 point for 12 Year experience or can get reduced point?

Kind Regards
Hi Guys

I put the above question to SNIP Office and they replied positively

Good morning. You will get full points. Please note that the category is now closed. Be advised to check our website on a regular basis to see when it is re-opened. Thank you for your inquiry and have a nice day.

Cheers, Hopefully every thing going positive.

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
Afzal.H said:
Hi Guys

I put the above question to SNIP Office and they replied positively

Good morning. You will get full points. Please note that the category is now closed. Be advised to check our website on a regular basis to see when it is re-opened. Thank you for your inquiry and have a nice day.

Cheers, Hopefully every thing going positive.
Excellent news! Thanks for sharing.