+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SMU-DE Education Evaluation from IQAS/ICAS

gaurav10690

Sep 28, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I need some help related to ECA.

I have done B.COM (Computers)- From DAVV Indore- Regular.
I have done MCA - From SMU Distance

As far as I have read the posts/news related to ECA, WES/IQAS are not accepting SMU degree, so I am going for ICAS

I want to know that if I will do my ECA, will it has be done for both the Bachelor's and Master's ? or for only Master's

Thank You!

sushmagrg1234

Sep 23, 2020
Ok Guys here is the update 2020 Aug
IQAS is not evaluating SMU degrees and the application are getting rejected it is confirmed by SMU officials on email
I am in a process of ECA from ICAS since SMU officials clarify that ICAS is the only authority who is doing Canada ECA for SMU.
Now SMU has sent the transcripts to ICAS and its showing received in application updates.

So strong advice to all degree holders of SMU only go for ICAS even though the processing time of ICAS is but more as compared to others.
But it's better not to get rejected and lose money then getting ECA done a bit late
I have completed my MSc in 2013 from SMU - DE in Information technology. Got Post bachelor diploma - 2 years as Canadian equivalency .

below are timelines as you asked. Hope it will help you .

09-27-2019 Report Sent by Courier
09-26-2019 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
09-24-2019 Assessment Report ready for editing
09-12-2019 Assessment in Progress
01-29-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
01-12-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
01-04-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
12-10-2018 Application Received

sushmagrg1234

Sep 23, 2020
I got my SMU BCA degree’s positive assessment.

ICAS Timeline

Date Event
01-03-2020 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
01-02-2020 Assessment Report ready for editing
12-31-2019 Assessment in Progress
05-10-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
04-25-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
04-02-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
02-13-2019 Application Received

sushmagrg1234

Sep 23, 2020
Hello Guys,
I am still confused about what are the documents need to sent from my end and from university side to ecas.

1st) Like do i really have to sent my original marksheet, degree and transcript to ICAS from my side or color photocopies will work ? As I have read the faq and confused on this below point.
  • With the exception of original documents, all documents submitted for assessment become the property of ICAS and will not be returned. Documents issued directly to ICAS by the institution will not be released to the applicant. If you are submitting original documents, we would encourage you to select and pay for courier service so that documents can be returned with your Assessment Report.

2nd) University only need to sent transcript to ICAS or they need to sent marksheet degree and all.

Anyone please suggest as I have already paid the money to ICAS but due to so many confusion not able to proceed further.

any response will be highly appreciated

gaurav10690

Sep 28, 2020
Hello Guys,
I am still confused about what are the documents need to sent from my end and from university side to ecas.

1st) Like do i really have to sent my original marksheet, degree and transcript to ICAS from my side or color photocopies will work ? As I have read the faq and confused on this below point.
  • With the exception of original documents, all documents submitted for assessment become the property of ICAS and will not be returned. Documents issued directly to ICAS by the institution will not be released to the applicant. If you are submitting original documents, we would encourage you to select and pay for courier service so that documents can be returned with your Assessment Report.

2nd) University only need to sent transcript to ICAS or they need to sent marksheet degree and all.

Anyone please suggest as I have already paid the money to ICAS but due to so many confusion not able to proceed further.

any response will be highly appreciated
Get in touch with SMU
For all communication write only to smuhelpdesk@smudde.edu.in. Email sent to other email-ids will not be monitored. In case of any further clarification or assistance you can call us at 1800-102-1123.
They will let you know what process you have to follow.

rajluk123

Oct 14, 2020
I have completed my MSc in 2013 from SMU - DE in Information technology. Got Post bachelor diploma - 2 years as Canadian equivalency .

01-29-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment

Hi chandan, Could you please provide me your email address or ping me at this email ID lukramr@gmail.com as I have also done MSCIT from SMUDE 2011-13 and I need some guide from you. Thanks!

rajluk123

Oct 14, 2020
Did you only opt for getting your MBA assessed or did you send them your Bachelors degree as well?
Could you please let me know the process, As I have already submitted the online application ang got file number, I have all the Original transcript copies from SMU however it was done in Xerox copy(black & white) that is not colored copy. And I have Downloaded 'Official records Request' form from ICAS website. Email from Icas I have taken Print. My query here is Do we need to sent to SMU along with 'Official records Request' . And SMU only sent the documents directly to ICAS or we applicant only has to sent to ICAS?

agastin01

Dec 14, 2020
Hi all...Can any of you plz help. I have done my MBA from SMU and would like to complete ECA through IQAS.
1) Is SMU MBA considered as masters by IQAS?
2) Do I have to send my bachelor degree cert also for ECA to evaluate my master?
3) On IQAS website it says that graduates of Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) must send official documentation issued by SMU confirming the name and address of the learning centre / study centre / campus where a program was completed?

Can any of help me with these doubts?I understand I have lot of questions...Thanks in advance

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Hi all...Can any of you plz help. I have done my MBA from SMU and would like to complete ECA through IQAS.
1) Is SMU MBA considered as masters by IQAS?
2) Do I have to send my bachelor degree cert also for ECA to evaluate my master?
3) On IQAS website it says that graduates of Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) must send official documentation issued by SMU confirming the name and address of the learning centre / study centre / campus where a program was completed?

Can any of help me with these doubts?I understand I have lot of questions...Thanks in advance
Only ICAS except SMU Mba as masters
University officials email me and states clearly for Canada only ICAS excepts smu MBA
I am already in the process all my documents are reached to ICAS from my side and university side
Now I am waiting for the evaluation results.

I have send all my documents scanned to ICAS as package from 10th pass out certificate 10th marksheet till Mba all scanned marksheet and passout certificate
From university side only Mba transcripts required, graduation transcripts are not required if you have Bach & mba both from SMU then you can request for both in my case my grad. Is from Delhi University so I have submitted only MBA transcripts university took around a month to send courier to ICAS and icas confirmed that they have received.
Let me know if you still have any questions

agastin01

Dec 14, 2020
University officials email me and states clearly for Canada only ICAS excepts smu MBA
I am already in the process all my documents are reached to ICAS from my side and university side

I have send all my documents scanned to ICAS as package from 10th pass out certificate 10th marksheet till Mba all scanned marksheet and passout certificate
From university side only Mba transcripts required, graduation transcripts are not required if you have Bach & mba both from SMU then you can request for both in my case my grad. Is from Delhi University so I have submitted only MBA transcripts university took around a month to send courier to ICAS and icas confirmed that they have received.
Thanks for the reply.

agastin01

Dec 14, 2020

I am also planing to send to ICAS. Could you please help me on how to start? I am a bit confused. Shall I contact SMU for a transcript?

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
I am also planing to send to ICAS. Could you please help me on how to start? I am a bit confused. Shall I contact SMU for a transcript?
Yes, you can contact smu student service they are quite active and they will help you. In my case they took around a month to prepare MBA trasncript and send it to ICAS but i was doing regular follow-ups with the person on calls and email

Vivek_mar

Dec 23, 2019
Hi I need help. I have done M.Sc IT and got ECA through ICAS as Canadian equivalency "Post bachelor Diploma - 2 years". Now while filling Express Entry profile there are two options either Master Degree or Bachelor Degree. Which one I should choose ? . As this is post bachelor I should not choose Bachelor (also it will drag down my points). If i choose Master , its not clearly mentioned as master on ICAS report , please help.
Sir, i also did Msc IT from SMU, please let me know finally which option selected option you selected in express entry profile (masters? Bachelors?)...i am a bit worried if Msc IT is not equivalent to masters as i need those points for my profile...

pratik5317

Feb 1, 2021
Hi All,

I have pursued MBA in Banking from SMU Distance Education, Year:2014-16. Can my degree be considered for MBA while going through ECA?

Have been stuck since 3 months. Can someone please throw some light on this? Appreciate precious advice.