+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

small quick question citizenship 2015

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends,
I have a small question I am helping my sister in her citizenships application. I thought to double check with senior members n group before we submit. She is in Canada for awhile since last 4yrs. haven't been to anywhere out side Canada. I am just confused shall we submit all the pay stubs, utility bills etc.. for last 4 yrs. because in checklist just asked for last 4 yrs. tax return. but I was just thinking to send all to avoid RQ's etc. any suggestions? any answers will be really helpful thanks in advance.

AUTO101

Mar 16, 2015
farid- said:
hi friends,
I have a small question I am helping my sister in her citizenships application. I thought to double check with senior members n group before we submit. She is in Canada for awhile since last 4yrs. haven't been to anywhere out side Canada. I am just confused shall we submit all the pay stubs, utility bills etc.. for last 4 yrs. because in checklist just asked for last 4 yrs. tax return. but I was just thinking to send all to avoid RQ's etc. any suggestions? any answers will be really helpful thanks in advance.
My advise is to follow the instructions. Only send the documents they have requested. People who have in the past tried to be over smart by sending additional documents have received RQ's. And those people have to submit all those same documents and more in RQ again.

So please follow the instructions and you will be fine.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol well said that RQ is such a pain honestly.....everyone tries to avoid it.... but make sense I honestly don't remember what I send with mine a while ago so thought to double check and I was reading some posts and seems like everyone send extra documents and stuff so was just little confused.....
really appreciated your reply will wait for few more from some senior members as well before making a final decisions.
any suggestions? senior members?

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AUTO101 said:
My advise is to follow the instructions. Only send the documents they have requested. People who have in the past tried to be over smart by sending additional documents have received RQ's. And those people have to submit all those same documents and more in RQ again.

So please follow the instructions and you will be fine.
+1 to suggestion

If i am at place of CIC officer, i will be pissed off to go through piles of paper that is not required

Also me being environment friendly will be mad at person for wasting so much of paper and could not follow simple instructions.

Also I will be oversuspicious thinking this person has something to hide that he/she is being oversmart, lets dig him/her for more information.

As per me its gonna give total negative impression rather then helping.

If you have nothing to hide then what are you scared of?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
farid- said:
hi friends,
Overall, the short answer: follow the instructions. Include what is requested and no more (recognizing that certain items specifically indicate if additional documents should be submitted).

Moreover, the current citizenship application form does NOT ask the applicant to send in any tax returns. There is no reference in the checklist to tax returns or Notices of Assessment or any employment proof documents at all.

Item 6 H in the application requires the applicant to disclose his or her SIN and to check off boxes indicating whether, relative to the relevant tax years, the applicant was required to file income taxes, and whether taxes were filed.

Information sharing with CRA will allow CIC to confirm the information provided.

For an applicant who files an application this year who has remained inside Canada since landing in 2011, the relevant taxation years would be 2011 through 2014 (according to CIC's PDI and example, 2015 cannot count since no tax return for 2015 could be filed as yet).

Submitting extra documentation generally:

This was a matter of some dispute for applications made prior to June 11, 2015, there being reasonable arguments for including some, but minimal additional documents, and reasonable (probably stronger) arguments against including extra documents. While some of those who advocated including additional documents went to far as to advocate proof of employment beyond T4s or Notices of Assessment, such as pay slips, that was a fringe position . . . it was almost certain there was no chance those would help the applicant's case. (Of course they would be relevant if RQ was issued, but otherwise no, of no help.)

For new applications being submitted now and going forward: Obviously there are no anecdotal experiences reported for applications made after June 11, 2015, but it is almost absolutely certain that given the changes implemented pursuant to the SCCA, the scope of what the current application does require, and CIC's dramatically expanded information sharing authority, there is no reason to include anything other than what the instructions specifically prescribe.

It is worth noting that the new application form does not even ask for education records like the previous application did.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there thanks a lot for your detail answers and for your time as well I actually was referring to question 6. and make sense decided to send whatever they needed nothing extra.
thanks a lot once again and to be very honest I actually didn't want to send all that big pile of papers which is waste of paper not environment friendly as well.
Thanks all once again for helping me out making right decision..