+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

small issues in your Citizenship Application

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
I finally got my citizenship, it took about a year. Just wanted to share some information, might be interesting and/or help to stop worrying

I made several small mistakes and nobody asked me about them. These mistakes include (but maybe not limited to)
- I forgot to check the documents I sent in my package. There is a DOCUMENT CHECKLIST and I included empty one. Nothing happened
- I mixed up with my travels to the us a little. Not on purpose, but I used my list of hotel bookings as the reference, but forgot that sometimes I was entering the US a day before my hotel reservations. I believe I missed 3-5 days in total. Nothing happened
- I didn't bother myself about my employment history. The form doesn't have enough space for addresses/phones and so on, so there were just pars of the words/emails/phones. Nothing happened

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
so, good luck everyone, be patient. Stop worrying, check ECAS once a week (not every single minute) - push yourself to do that and it will help you to wait.

And a couple of words about this priceless forum :

If you ask a question - don't forget to "like" answers :)

Always, ALWAYS "like" when you ask an admin to update your status in the spreadsheet and he/she responds with "done" or "Congrats!". Kudos for all the people who do this work!

If you can help somebody - just do it :)

Last edited:

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
so, good luck everyone, be patient. Stop worrying, check ECAS once a week (not every single minute) - push yourself to do that and it will help you to wait.

If you ask a question - don't forget to "like" answers :)

Always, ALWAYS "like" when you ask an admin to update your status in the spreadsheet and he/she responds with "done" or "Congrats!". Kudos for all the people who do this work!

If you can help somebody - just do it :)
so Congratulations :)

Reactions: venAAA

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
I finally got my citizenship, it took about a year. Just wanted to share some information, might be interesting and/or help to stop worrying

I made several small mistakes and nobody asked me about them. These mistakes include (but maybe not limited to)
- I forgot to check the documents I sent in my package. There is a DOCUMENT CHECKLIST and I included empty one. Nothing happened
- I mixed up with my travels to the us a little. Not on purpose, but I used my list of hotel bookings as the reference, but forgot that sometimes I was entering the US a day before my hotel reservations. I believe I missed 3-5 days in total. Nothing happened
- I didn't bother myself about my employment history. The form doesn't have enough space for addresses/phones and so on, so there were just pars of the words/emails/phones. Nothing happened
Congratulations! Thank you for posting this because I myself found some booboos on the physical presence calculator...

Like when I came back from the Philippines , it should be like Nov. 17 but I put Nov. 16. I didn't check my passport, I unfortunately trusted my brain heheh!

Then another one, came back from US, the stamp on my passport was Feb. 18 but I put Feb. 19 because in my mind, I actually arrived past midnight so technically it was Feb. 19...

and I just found it now... and I was panicking until I saw your post. I know it shouldn't be a big deal since I have 1594 days in total. so a lot over from their requirement...

So again, thank you for this :) by the way, where is your Immigration local office?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I assume you had a few extra buffer days, hence no big deal. I had the same thing myself (off by a day but I had plenty of buffer)

Congrats!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I had A LOT of extra days :)
Nice. Another good lesson for people who debate the value of having any buffer days and see no reason to wait once they hit 1095 days.

Last edited:

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018

Dear Canadian Citizen
I am planning to submit citizenship application soon. Will you please advise about Passport submission. I have two passports ( one old and another new renewed passport) Pl advise photocopies of which pages of passport is to be attached along with application form or original passports are to be attached along with application. Regards

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Dear Canadian Citizen
I am planning to submit citizenship application soon. Will you please advise about Passport submission. I have two passports ( one old and another new renewed passport) Pl advise photocopies of which pages of passport is to be attached along with application form or original passports are to be attached along with application. Regards
In case of doubt, follow the checklist :)
It aks for the copy of biographical pages of all the passports that have been valid during the last 5 years. Send just that and don't overcomplicate it.
Obviously, DO NOT send an original document, be it your passport or any other document.

Reactions: banffca13

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Dear Senior and Star members. Will any of you can let me know that in citizen application form the application is to sent to Sydney NS, then how the citizen applications are diverted to IRCC Mississauga or Ottawa for further processing. Is the Sydney address is a center place to revive all citizen applications?

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Dear Senior and Star members. Will any of you can let me know that in citizen application form the application is to sent to Sydney NS, then how the citizen applications are diverted to IRCC Mississauga or Ottawa for further processing. Is the Sydney address is a center place to revive all citizen applications?
All applications go to Sydney...once reviewed over there that office sends the to the IRCC office closest to your place of living!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Nice. Another good lesson for people who debate the value of having any buffer days and see no reason to wait once they hit 1095 days.
You better believe that some of those people had their applications returned or got RQs, but they’re too embarrassed to come back and admit that they were wrong. I missed quite a few entries which the agent made me aware of during my short interview. However, he quickly dismissed it saying, since I had so many days buffer, it didn’t really matter.

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
I am a victim of Harper's "4/6" rule. I had 3 years on work permit + 1-2 years on PR when they introduced 4/6 and time on Work/Study Visa didn't count. So had to wait for C6 and a year ago got 3 years on PR + 3 years on Work Permit, ~4.5 years out of 5 in total :)

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I am a victim of Harper's "4/6" rule. I had 3 years on work permit + 1-2 years on PR when they introduced 4/6 and time on Work/Study Visa didn't count. So had to wait for C6 and a year ago got 3 years on PR + 3 years on Work Permit, ~4.5 years out of 5 in total :)
Yeah, my wife was in the same boat. She applied with several hundred days extra because originally needed 1460 days until the rules changes and requirement was lowered to 1095. All of a sudden she had a ton of extra days