+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

small dielema

mapaloj

Mar 13, 2010
sorry to clog up the forum with my posts
i got a daughter who has decided to remain once our visa's are accepted. she WILL not move with us to canada for school reasons as she will be finishing her degree next year. we started the visa process with her in the mindset that she will move with us but things have changed. when the office asks for the passports will it be neccessary to send hers as well? i no that once the visa are given they are valid for one year from the medicals data. will she lose the visa or pr if SHE alone doesnot come but the rest of the family travels?. she is over 18 years At the moment. Please Help... Will all the passports be necessary and what will happen if she doesnt join us within the 1 year after medicals. does that mean she will have to restart the visa process...

Mar 14, 2010
ITS A PITY. I 2 AM IN A SIMILAR SITUATION. WHICH OFFICE ARE YOU USING. FOR ME MY WIFE'S SON DOESNOT WANT TO COME UNTIL HE WRITES HIS GCESE EXAMS.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she is dead set on not getting the PR visa, you do not have to send her passport. Instead you can explain that she is not accompanying you. It would be better though if she gets the visa and lands in Canada with the rest of the family or in any case before the visa expires. She is planning to visit you there at some time, right?

It would keep the door open for her if she changes her mind in the next 3 years that she will already have her PR. If she misses this chance, you would have to sponsor her again and once she is over 22, it will be hard for you to do that. Then your only chance would be if you live in a province where the provincial nominee program has a family stream component, you and your daughter would have to meet certain other requirements and it may take a long time as well.

mapaloj

Mar 13, 2010
I Think your right? she is dead set on not accompanying us. will the process be faster if we send her passport? what if we send her passport and she doesnot come within the year, will that affect the rest of our family or just her visa. will she still lose pr if i who applied has landed and been granted PR but she doesnt land. please help?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She will not get the PR if she doesn't land but it will not affect the rest of the family. If you don't send her passport but tell them you want to change her listing to not accompanying, it may slightly delay your application but I don't know, maybe it will not.

You should explain to her that she is limiting her future opportunities. Maybe she will never use the PR but what does it hurt to have it? It is not costing her anything.