+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

skilled worker

soj

Feb 23, 2007
i ve gone for my interview but the medical instructions was not given that same day cos he felt my marriage was too close to the interview date,it was sent to me later.does it mean they ve checked on my backgrd before sending the medicals.wat do u think.soj

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi Soj

I guess there is something not clear; I am trying to understand, since you have stated that your marriage was too closed…; does it mean before or after the interview? Are you already married? Sorry for ask too many questions but a lot of factors are in game here.

1- Did you update your marital status already with CIC? In case you have already got married.
2- In case you are still single and you will get married so soon, they want you to get married and then update your status (they are giving you some time for it which is good) so you will be updated before get the visa and avoid delays.

Cheers
Eduardo

eria

Jan 22, 2007
I think they were not clear about your self at the time of interview that's why they took some time to proceed further.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
i nortified the embassy that i have a common law patner in 2005 with supporting document but i got married to my common law patner on nov 11,2006 and interview date was nov 15,2006.he was skeptical cos the wedding was too close to the interview.He collected my marriage certificate and said he was going to verify it.he said if not for the marriage cert that he was not too sure abt he would ve given the medical instructions.two months later he sent a mail to me asking where to send the medical instructions.What do u think.

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
It's clear that in the two months period they verified the information you submitted and because they found it is correct they sent you the medicals. If not they should have refused your application.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
soj said:
i nortified the embassy that i have a common law patner in 2005 with supporting document but i got married to my common law patner on nov 11,2006 and interview date was nov 15,2006.he was skeptical cos the wedding was too close to the interview.He collected my marriage certificate and said he was going to verify it.he said if not for the marriage cert that he was not too sure abt he would ve given the medical instructions.two months later he sent a mail to me asking where to send the medical instructions.What do u think.
Hi soj

It is what I thought

So if they asked for an address were to send the medicals it means that there were not issues to follow, so you will receive the medicals request forms very soon

Cheers
Eduardo

trick-r-treat

Jan 18, 2007
I don't get it - what does your marriage have to do with it? Are they like trying to be considerate of your wedding day, or something?

soj

Feb 23, 2007
Thanks i think am clear abt that.I ve already done the medical and the result was sent to paris two wks back.how long more will it take the embassy to contact me for my visa.soj