+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Worker Question!

Chromination

Jun 30, 2007
Hi all I have a question:

If a person is qualified as independent worker in the point systems, how long will it take to come to Canada? I mean how long will the process be if he applies and qualifies in the point system?

Any answer appreciated,

Thanks..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Chromination said:
Hi all I have a question:

If a person is qualified as independent worker in the point systems, how long will it take to come to Canada? I mean how long will the process be if he applies and qualifies in the point system?

Any answer appreciated,

Thanks..
With the proposals in the budget, without a job offer or trade in high demand, probably forever. See: http://tinyurl.com/yv7wr8 for applications already processed.

PMM

Chromination

Jun 30, 2007
OK sorry I wasn't probably clear! I didn't mean like Skilled Worker, but if you are independent and you want to apply to be a citizen of Canada you have to qualify in the point system and if you have 67 points you can come to Canada and live is that right? I was asking if you qualify after how long you can come to Canada?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Chromination said:
OK sorry I wasn't probably clear! I didn't mean like Skilled Worker, but if you are independent and you want to apply to be a citizen of Canada you have to qualify in the point system and if you have 67 points you can come to Canada and live is that right? I was asking if you qualify after how long you can come to Canada?

Thanks
Independent is skilled worker, you have to become a Permanent resident before you can apply for citizenship after 3 years resident as a PR.
Start reading at www.cic.gc.ca

Chromination

Jun 30, 2007
Ok whatever so if you want to apply for permanent residence as independent, and you qualify in the point system, how long after that you can come to Canada?

Suave

Mar 24, 2008
it depends on where you apply, see i sent my application to Buffalo,NY and it takes about >2 years to get the PR card, add another 3 years of continuos Canadian residency and bingo you are a citizen