+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

skilled worker permenant resident application

adam york

Jun 17, 2010
hello all on forum,
i began proced in march this year and thanks to this site have had some great info & help as still in the early stages not 100% sure on following subject: i have been on job bank and asked about plumbing jobs forwarded my resume to them but not sure do you have to have been accepted as an immigrant first to apply for these jobs?and what if they offer you a job but immigration then take 8 month to access your application the job offer will not be still be open and everyones time is wasted.

many thanks
adam

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need the job offer to show to immigration that you can easily find a job when you get to Canada. You are actually not obligated to take the job when you arrive. It could be that the position is filled but it might not be or by the time you arrive, maybe it's open again due to somebody quitting again.

However, many employers feel it is a waste of their time to give a job offer because they don't want to wait that long. If that is what they are telling you, you can ask them to apply for an LMO for you instead so you can come to work for them on a temporary work permit. Once you are in Canada, you can apply for your permanent residency via skilled worker, PNP etc.

adam york

Jun 17, 2010
thanks for the info most helpfull have applied to 40 or so firms on job bank hopefully one will give me an offer of employment and speed the process up.i have tried applying on local papers i.e the sun job adverts for plumbers with not 1 single reply? im hopeing job bank positions are maybe a bit more reliable.leon in your honest opinion is a plumber realy in short demand in canada i work for myself in uk but wonder if im doing right thing?
thanks
adam

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right now, I don't know but if there are a lot of job ads, it probably is but many employers do not want to bother with job offers or work permits if they don't have to.

LMO = Labour market opinion, something the employer needs to apply for before you can get a work permit. LMO's and AEO's are explained at http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/supperimm.shtml