Nov 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
May 18 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
Situation:

1. I'm in US waiting for my visitor visa which got expired on 24th feb filled for an extenstion. its already been 2 months beyond peroid of stay mentioned on I-94 (the entry form) and still no decission made by USCIS.

2. I got married end week of march.

3. Three days ago filled for FBI clearence, got to know it takes 13-19 weeks.

4. Still have to get police clearence from Indian counsulate. (waiting for my extn, as indian counsulate requires my passport, and if my extn doesnt get approved i dont want to get stuck in US)

5. still have to get the medical done. (medical form asks for a location from where i have to give the interview and i'm not sure yet where will i be)

keeping all these things in mind:

Lets say i even get my extn, i assume they would give me for 4 months as m already 2 months beyond my period of stay, is it wise to file the application from US? Indian counsulate will take 4 - 6 weeks approx. Then i send the papers to my wife in Canada and she filles all the documentswhich i assume will take us nothing less than a month and a half.

By that time my extn(if approved by US Govt.) would be on the verge of expiry, and i would have to file another extn.

Reason to do it from US as that it would be much faster, than the process from India.

What should we do, please suggest soon!!

ngunja

Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
18-02-2010
File Transfer...
23-03-2010
Passport Req..
15-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2010
LANDED..........
16-05-2010
According to the CIC website, Delhi visa processing times are faster than Buffalo.

M

markybonus

The USA B1/B2 tourist visa can only be extended once. US B1/B2 tourist visa holders can only legally stay in the USA for a total of 12 months. If you are now on your 8th month in the US, you can only be extended for 4 more months and no longer, that is if they grant the extension.

For your Canadian spousal sponsorship application to be processed in the country where you're currently in (the USA), you need to show legal and valid status for at least 1 year from the start of processing. If you cannot present at least 1 year's duration of legal status in the country where you're in, you need to have your application processed in the country of your citizenship. This is because you need to be available if they want to interview you. They do not encourage anyone to become out of status in a country for the sake of waiting for the application.

New Delhi processing times are faster than in Buffalo, as seen here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

I suggest having it processed in New Delhi.

I

iarblue

Why do you not apply for a visitors visa in Canada for 6 months and apply in Canada then go for an extension?Just curious.But like the said depending on how long you been in the states you will expire after 12 months and will be sent out back to India unless you can get into canada

Stuckguy

Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
May 18 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
Thank you for the reply, My visitor visa to Canada was already denied twice . and lets say i try it now and if they give me, and i start the processing from Canada is it not very long to do it from Canada than from any other country?