+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Site visit by visa officer, and in of need advice.

X

xyfzxw

My noc code is 0632, accomodation service manager, 3yrs experience in this company.

Today's afternoon, a visa officer with her translator came to the company.

First she talked with my recommender(Hr director) for around half a hour, mainly enquire about the concernings about my experience length, position and main duties.

My recommender laterly told me that he described my post as an assistant to Sale's director helping the director in managing the department and supervise sales managers in daily work. For the duties Hr director might have included 6 of all 7 duites according to Noc0632 description.

Later following Hr director, she came to my department office, found me easily(she must have seen my photo) and speak gently to me with a few questions below:

Q1, can I have your business card? A: They have been used up,I am sorry, I dont have any this time, new ones are under printing.
It's ok,she replied.

Q2, who is in this office?(she pointed at sale's director's office) A: the department director,my boss, do you want to have a talk with her? (Actually the director is my immediate supervisor, Hr has told her)
Not neccesarily, she replie

Q3, what is this officer for(pointed at reservation office) A: The reservation department.

Q4, what were you doing just now? A: Pricing.

Q5, are these people your colleagues, how many people are they? What are they?
A: Yes, around 10 persons, they are all sales managers.

Q6, picked up one reservation sheet and want to describe how I usually worked on it?
A: I described in detail, interestingly she occasionally pointed at some column on the paper and answering her questions herself for the questions she asked me justly.

Q7, is this all you work? (Pointing at the reservation sheet)
A: No, it is just part of my work.

The interview lasts around 5-10 minutes, the questions she asked me was not relevant to my position and main duties. Failure to provide a business card is the most pity in this interview,.

I want comments from you guys, if my performance has satisfied the officer. How the failure to provide a business card will affect my case, is it going to cause a big problem?what should I do next?

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it went very welll. boss

no worries.

you passed. 100 / 100

i only can see they are getting clever day by day and going to offices to enquire. in future may be they visitng homes as well and talking to family memebers,

May I ask from which country / city you from

Thanks

iii

Jul 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pittabread said:
it went very welll. boss

no worries.

you passed. 100 / 100

i only can see they are getting clever day by day and going to offices to enquire. in future may be they visitng homes as well and talking to family memebers,

May I ask from which country / city you from

Thanks
I concur. You certainly cleared the interview. ;)

X

xyfzxw

actually it is very strange that she asked me too few and most of the questions isnt relevant to my job description and main duties and she even did not want to see my immediate supervisor for any further information on me.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xyfzxw said:
actually it is very strange that she asked me too few and most of the questions isnt relevant to my job description and main duties and she even did not want to see my immediate supervisor for any further information on me.
because she only wanted to see your face if you really work there.. and already asked your job duties from your recommender (hr director)

canadarace

Jan 26, 2011
above poster asked you you country and visa office, would you please tell us where are you from or your visa office? this will help many from your region to be prepared for a possible situation like you. thanks.

X

xyfzxw

I will msg you in person, if you want to know my location.

But leave your comments first ;)

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Strange that VO does such site visits. What if someone applied based on duties he performed 6 yrs back and not any more now. How will they authenticate his duties!

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mezo2009 said:
Strange that VO does such site visits. What if someone applied based on duties he performed 6 yrs back and not any more now. How will they authenticate his duties!
by calling or writing to employers or visitng old sites.......

canadarace

Jan 26, 2011
Hey buddy, if you have some personal concerns by releasing info, just don't worry about it. I was asking for the sake of other members, I hope I am already done with this stage with best wishes of all of you guys.. as I am waiting for PP. I know previously, I read here in forum that Visa officers from Delhi India visited 2 or 3 of applicant's work place.

If you are from a different visa office, then seems like they are now going to visit work places everywhere in near future, just my personal opinion.

P.S, you are here to seek help, so be helpful too :). Good luck with all your process.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xyfzxw said:
I will msg you in person, if you want to know my location.

But leave your comments first ;)
Would you mind telling when they visited your office, your e-status show "In Process" or "Received by Visa Office" ?

Thanks in advance.

X

xyfzxw

phdmaker said:
Would you mind telling when they visited your office, your e-status show "In Process" or "Received by Visa Office" ?

Thanks in advance.
around 4 pm afternoon, in process

iii

Jul 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most seniors will be unwilling to comment as you have deliberately refused to disclose your VO. There is no big deal in letting us know!