+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister's visit visa

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Dear all,

Need advice..

I would like to apply for my sister's short term visit visa..

Her age - 24
Status - Unmarried
Had 2 previous study visa refusals in 2017
Profession - Dentist
Currently working at renowed private clinic in Indian and can get only 2 weeks off

What you think are her chances of getting visitor visa?

What documents should we keep in mind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear all,

Need advice..

I would like to apply for my sister's short term visit visa..

Her age - 24
Status - Unmarried
Had 2 previous study visa refusals in 2017
Profession - Dentist
Currently working at renowed private clinic in Indian and can get only 2 weeks off

What you think are her chances of getting visitor visa?

What documents should we keep in mind
Since how long has she been working at the clinic? Is her field of dentistry very specialized and cannot be done by another dentist?

Does she have adequate finances of her own?

Does she have any previous travel history to the US, UK, Schengen countries, etc?

Does she own any assets (movable or immovable)?

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Since how long has she been working at the clinic? - She is recent graduate with BDS (in 2017) and is having 1 year of work experience

Is her field of dentistry very specialized and cannot be done by another dentist? - It can be done but as she is handling one clinic and one charitable hospital she cannot get more leave

Does she have adequate finances of her own? - Yes plus as we are also financially stable and have progressive income, we are ready to support her financially while she is here

Does she have any previous travel history to the US, UK, Schengen countries, etc? - No but when we are in Dubai, she did traveled 2 times to be part of our celebrations

Does she own any assets (movable or immovable)? - No

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@RuchiWalia

Short advice:
Do not apply for your sister under the present circumstances. Chances of a TRV refusal are very high because her employment ties are not strong + low/inadequate finances + no travel history + no assets + no dependent family + she has had two recent study permit refusals in 2017 (indicates desperation to 'move' to Canada by any visa)

Here's why:
Since how long has she been working at the clinic? - She is recent graduate with BDS (in 2017) and is having 1 year of work experience [She has started working recently = Not strong employment ties]

Is her field of dentistry very specialized and cannot be done by another dentist? - It can be done but as she is handling one clinic and one charitable hospital she cannot get more leave

Does she have adequate finances of her own? - Yes plus as we are also financially stable and have progressive income, we are ready to support her financially while she is here [Your finances are secondary. Her financial situation matters more i.e. she must prove she has adequate finances to afford the visit and airfare.... without borrowing from anyone + without depending on you]

Does she have any previous travel history to the US, UK, Schengen countries, etc? - No but when we are in Dubai, she did traveled 2 times to be part of our celebrations [Dubai does not count as travel history]

Last edited:
Reactions: ubfx

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
@RuchiWalia

Short advice:
Do not apply for your sister under the present circumstances. Chances of a TRV refusal are very high because her employment ties are not strong + low/inadequate finances + no travel history + no assets + no dependent family + she has had two recent study permit refusals in 2017 (indicates desperation to 'move' to Canada by any visa)

Here's why:
Since how long has she been working at the clinic? - She is recent graduate with BDS (in 2017) and is having 1 year of work experience [She has started working recently = Not strong employment ties]

Does she have adequate finances of her own? - Yes plus as we are also financially stable and have progressive income, we are ready to support her financially while she is here [Your finances are secondary. Her financial situation matters more i.e. she must prove she has adequate finances to afford the visit and airfare.... without borrowing from anyone + without depending on you]

Does she have any previous travel history to the US, UK, Schengen countries, etc? - No but when we are in Dubai, she did traveled 2 times to be part of our celebrations [Dubai does not count as travel history]

I totally agree to your advice.. I dont want visit visa application to show desperation for coming to Canada as this can have negative impact on study visa too..

I guess we should wait only than

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I totally agree to your advice.. I dont want visit visa application to show desperation for coming to Canada as this can have negative impact on study visa too..

I guess we should wait only than
Do post the list of documents she intends to submit whenever she is ready to apply

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
@RuchiWalia

Short advice:

Here's why:

very helpful and generous advice totally agree with you.

jisanmahfuz

Jul 20, 2017
Dear all,
I want to apply for my elder sister visitor Visa for my birthday celebration. She wants to come with my parents who already have the Visa.

1.She is unmarried and 28 years old.
2. She is the co owner of my father's car business, has ownership documents
3.She does not have any travel history.

How is the chance of her getting the Visa?

What important things I should mention in my Invitation letter to make visa officer impress for her visitor Visa.

Thanks
Jisan

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear all,
I want to apply for my elder sister visitor Visa for my birthday celebration. She wants to come with my parents who already have the Visa.

1.She is unmarried and 28 years old.
2. She is the co owner of my father's car business, has ownership documents
3.She does not have any travel history.

How is the chance of her getting the Visa?

What important things I should mention in my Invitation letter to make visa officer impress for her visitor Visa.
1. Birthday celebrations are not considered as compelling reasons to visit.

2. Working in a family-owned business is tricky to prove in so far as whether the applicant is a genuine business partner, earns a regular dividend/share in the business profits/is required to manage the business on a daily basis, etc.

a. Do post the documents your sister will submit specifically for her her business ownership + financials + her responsibilities in the business

b. Does she own property? Not transferred or gifted to her

c. Does she have any loans or mortgage? Or credit cards (not debit cards)?

jisanmahfuz

Jul 20, 2017
Thanks for your insight.
1. What reason will be best so that she can get the Visa?
2. She does not have any individual property only gifted from my father. No loans or mortgages.
3. Plz give me some suggestions to strengthen her Visa application.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your insight.
1. What reason will be best so that she can get the Visa?
2. She does not have any individual property only gifted from my father. No loans or mortgages.
3. Plz give me some suggestions to strengthen her Visa application.

Thanks
Do see my previous post for this

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
Hello,
I am a full time worker in Canada with a skill B level job, me and my spouse make around $ 80000 CAD annually, i would like to apply for my parents and 1 sister's TRV who are not working, however my dad does have a property worth Rs 400000, and my sister has just finished her 2nd year of graduation and left with one more year for which the session will start in sep 2019, so she has good vacations from july to september, and I have plans to invite 3 of them for summers in Canada for a month or so, they have a liquid balance of about Rs 2 Lac, as they rely on me for financial support, what are the chances of getting this approved?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello,
I am a full time worker in Canada with a skill B level job, me and my spouse make around $ 80000 CAD annually, i would like to apply for my parents and 1 sister's TRV who are not working, however my dad does have a property worth Rs 400000, and my sister has just finished her 2nd year of graduation and left with one more year for which the session will start in sep 2019, so she has good vacations from july to september, and I have plans to invite 3 of them for summers in Canada for a month or so, they have a liquid balance of about Rs 2 Lac, as they rely on me for financial support, what are the chances of getting this approved?
Quite honestly, there are no chances of any of them getting approved. Either 1 or even 2 of them will have to stay back in India for the other one to be approved.

1. Your dad's property of INR 400,000 is extremely low value. Not sure if any property (maybe in a remote village) is available at INR 400,000.

2. Their financial situation is very poor at INR 200,000. This is not a financial incentive for them to return to India.

3. They are financially dependent on you which again means they don't have a reason to return to India.

4. Your sister does not seem to have strong study ties. Her study program does not seem to be a professional course + she has not started the third year as yet

5. Your finances/salary are not secondary

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
Quite honestly, there are no chances of any of them getting approved. Either 1 or even 2 of them will have to stay back in India for the other one to be approved.

1. Your dad's property of INR 400,000 is extremely low value. Not sure if any property (maybe in a remote village) is available at INR 400,000.

2. Their financial situation is very poor at INR 200,000. This is not a financial incentive for them to return to India.

3. They are financially dependent on you which again means they don't have a reason to return to India.

4. Your sister does not seem to have strong study ties. Her study program does not seem to be a professional course + she has not started the third year as yet

5. Your finances/salary are not secondary

Thanks Bryana

Sorry, the property worth is INR 4000000 - I was missing the Zero there and my sister has completed Bachelors in Commerce ( 2nd year ) and the 3rd year starts in September..

What would you suggest, and who I can possible invite, if not all 3, my prriority will be my parents ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry, the property worth is INR 4000000 - I was missing the Zero there
Do be careful not to make such typos when you prepare their applications. It can give the wrong impression for their visa apps :)

Nonetheless, the property value is low even if it is INR 4 million. Anyways.

Do they have a mortgage? Or is it an inherited property?

and my sister has completed Bachelors in Commerce ( 2nd year ) and the 3rd year starts in September..

What would you suggest, and who I can possible invite, if not all 3, my prriority will be my parents ?
IMO, your sister does not have a strong visa application profile as she is a student of the second year of B.Com.

You may want to consider applying only for your parents by showing your sister as the family tie to return to. Your parents would need to prove they have strong ties + a good financial situation (any pension, FDs, shares/stocks, LIC?) + 2-3 compelling reasons to return to India after their visit. Also, their visit must be for 3-4 weeks max