+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP

piper

Nov 18, 2008
I want to participate in this forum because I want to learn more about Canada and equip myself with information.

I am from the Philippines. I finally got my VISA (work permit) (thank God). However, there was no instruction provided by the Canadian Embassy regarding what to do after the receipt of the visa. According to their website in Manila, there is a need to attend PDOS. However, I was informed by a friend that prior to PDOS, my employer should comply with the requirements of POLO. I want to ask if I should contact my employer whether they have submitted the requirements as there are set of guidelines on the recruitment and deployment of filipino workers to Canada.

I am under this program of SINP (skilled worker); I do have a job offer from my employer in Saskatchewan. Will my case still fall under this POLO?

I am not sure if I am on the right thread here, but since this links to PNP, I asked this anyway. Hope you expert guys help me as I am lost here. Thanks much and God bless.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
You are IMMIGRANT to Canada not a temporary worker going back to the mess in the view of some people called the Philippines,Julve and POLO has no power over Canadian Immigrants,Welcome to Canada and looking forward to welcoming a new Canadian when you get your Citizenship in a few years,Repeat after me bye bye Philippines Goodbye to Corrupt Goverment,Massive Poverty,crime Welcome to Canada

jonats

Star Member
Oct 29, 2008
BCguy said:
You are IMMIGRANT to Canada not a temporary worker going back to the mess in the view of some people called the Philippines,Julve and POLO has no power over Canadian Immigrants,Welcome to Canada and looking forward to welcoming a new Canadian when you get your Citizenship in a few years,Repeat after me bye bye Philippines Goodbye to Corrupt Goverment,Massive Poverty,crime Welcome to Canada

hahahaha! it seems bcguy knows a lot about the phillipines.

before i got here in alberta 2 years ago the poea had a different guidlines.

all i know i just pay 2250 pesos to the agency in ermita and they gave my pdos certificate and application poea etc. in exchange that i will book my flight in their agency.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BCguy said:
Note the OP is coming on a work permit, not as an Immigrant.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PMM said:
Hi

BCguy said:

PMM
Please clarify are you a Provincial nominee under the SINP or you a temporary Foriegn worker,If you still have to return to the PI after your contract you are not under Bernie Julve,But Frank Luna of POLO Toronto My condolences

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PMM said:
Hi

BCguy said:

PMM
Hi PMM,Just called the POLO officer at home and He said they dont touch PNP Immigrants.I guess She s free of Julve in Vancouver or Luna in Toronto btw I didnt call Julve but somebody else in the office

piper

Nov 18, 2008
BCguy said:
PMM said:
Hi

BCguy said:

PMM
Please clarify are you a Provincial nominee under the SINP or you a temporary Foriegn worker,If you still have to return to the PI after your contract you are not under Bernie Julve,But Frank Luna of POLO Toronto My condolences
I was qualified as a Provincial Nominee under SINP (skilled worker) through my employer . This category is for skilled workers, professionals or managers who have a full-time, permanent job offer from a Saskatchewan employer. It is divided into three sub-categories: Skilled Workers/Professionals, Critical Occupations and Existing Work Permit. Thus, my case falls under Skilled Worker. Reaching their criteria, I got my VISA now. (yipeey)

piper

Nov 18, 2008
BCguy and PMM:

I am under SINP. I was informed that I cannot go to Canada w/o WP eventhough I am under SINP. Since it is my desire to start employment with my Saskatchewan employer, I applied for temporary Work Permit and PR simultaneously. Now upon receipt of my VISA, it falls under W-1 (worker) with multiple entries. Thus the issuance of this VISA still require me or my employer to comply with this office (POLO)? Just asking... Thanks in advance.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
You are coming in as a Immigrant not a temporary foriegn worker,So No need for POEA,Are the other Immigrants to Canada going through POEA?????

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Hello BCGUY,

It would be nice if Canadian representaive will go to the Philippines and conduct a Job fair. In that way the corrupt practices of middle men asking for a placement fee and processing fee will be eliminated. To the recruiters it's always been "show me the money". There are a lot of high skilled and talented filipino wanted to apply for canadian immigration but the high cost of this recruiters / agency is discouraging them down big time.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
josephdadreamer said:
Hello BCGUY,

It would be nice if Canadian representaive will go to the Philippines and conduct a Job fair. In that way the corrupt practices of middle men asking for a placement fee and processing fee will be eliminated. To the recruiters it's always been "show me the money". There are a lot of high skilled and talented filipino wanted to apply for canadian immigration but the high cost of this recruiters / agency is discouraging them down big time.
The Province of British Colombia just finished a job fair in Manila about a month ago

piper

Nov 18, 2008
gleech said:
anyone knows how long is the current processing time for SINP(SW)....
If you are from the Philippines, it usually runs 1.5 years. From the receipt of application through visa release. (as per my experience)

gleech

Mar 3, 2007
piper said:
gleech said:
anyone knows how long is the current processing time for SINP(SW)....
If you are from the Philippines, it usually runs 1.5 years. From the receipt of application through visa release. (as per my experience)
currently, im here in calgary.. in your case piper, how long before your received your nomination?....my application is running 4months this january....