+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP - STUDENTS SUB CATEGORY

vphung

Nov 8, 2016
Hi all,

I'm currently finishing my master degree at U of S and intend to apply for PR under the SINP stream (student sub-category). I have a few questions regarding this stream:
1. Can I apply for PR as soon as I obtain a permanent job offer or do I have to work for around 6 months (full-time job) before applying?
2. I had a Canadian high school diploma and a Canadian Bachelor degree - Would these make my application look stronger?
3. Should I apply on my own or do I need to hire an immigration consultant? What are the benefits of having a representative? I had a meeting with an immigration consultant from the Mercan Group lately. Is there anyone who works with this company before willing to share their experiences with me?
4. The stream requires you to work 960 hours before applying. Does having more work-hours benefit your application? Let's say would an application with 1,200hours more promising than an application with 980hours only? Or they are the same?

Thanks!

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
vphung said:
Hi all,

I'm currently finishing my master degree at U of S and intend to apply for PR under the SINP stream (student sub-category). I have a few questions regarding this stream:
1. Can I apply for PR as soon as I obtain a permanent job offer or do I have to work for around 6 months (full-time job) before applying?
2. I had a Canadian high school diploma and a Canadian Bachelor degree - Would these make my application look stronger?
3. Should I apply on my own or do I need to hire an immigration consultant? What are the benefits of having a representative? I had a meeting with an immigration consultant from the Mercan Group lately. Is there anyone who works with this company before willing to share their experiences with me?
4. The stream requires you to work 960 hours before applying. Does having more work-hours benefit your application? Let's say would an application with 1,200hours more promising than an application with 980hours only? Or they are the same?

Thanks!

1.You must have a PGWP, worked 960 hrs and have SINP job approval letter first in order to apply under student category. After nomination, then you can apply for PR.

2. SINP student category must have a job offer relating to their education so no having high school diploma is useless but you must have a job offer that requires your degree.

3. Its upto if you want to hire someone. Personally I found it quite easy to gather everything and submit to SINP myself.

3. Having more hours does not have any benefit. All SINP cares is that you have met the 960 hrs requirement.

vphung

Nov 8, 2016
Hi Wonderland_1010,

How long did it take you to receive the nomination letter since you submitted your application?

Thanks.

travigne

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-11-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2016
LANDED..........
Feb 03,2016
Hi,

In my case it took me 4 months to get sinp nomination certificate. My application includes my partner too so that's why it took a bit longer than usual.