+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP :- International Skilled Worker - Express Entry Sub-Category, Network Here

prongs13

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Both NOCs of 6 years and 4 years are in-demand ( not in the exclusion list). So would you advice to cancel this ITA and submit a new EOI?
Tricky a bit. In my opinion, the scoring system asks for - last 5 years experience in that NOC. Than work experience between 6-10 years. I feel it should be in same NOC. check your score without 6-10, if it falls below 68, it is a bit risky.
how much is your CRS score normally in Express Entry.

prongs13

Star Member
May 8, 2014
After doing some research and checking similar threads on this forum it seems that I will not be going forward with my application.

I have 10+ years of work experience as a Lawyer, but since NOC 4112 (Lawyers) is excluded I applied under NOC 4211 (Paralegals). But I think that is not correct.

Would appreciate some advice from experienced members.

In my opinion it does not make sense. So, basically foreign Paralegal can contribute more to a province than foreign Lawyer.
they hold draws as per what they need. They might have sufficient Lawyers already, IMO what they need is people to do basic jobs like in skilled trades(carpentry etc) and clerical work.

Robinpuri

Nov 4, 2017
After doing some research and checking similar threads on this forum it seems that I will not be going forward with my application.

I have 10+ years of work experience as a Lawyer, but since NOC 4112 (Lawyers) is excluded I applied under NOC 4211 (Paralegals). But I think that is not correct.

In my opinion it does not make sense. So, basically foreign Paralegal can contribute more to a province than foreign Lawyer.
No. You will get points for your intended NOC only.
Can you please provide an official link stating that we can only use 1 NOC for the entire work experience points?

Robinpuri

Nov 4, 2017
Tricky a bit. In my opinion, the scoring system asks for - last 5 years experience in that NOC. Than work experience between 6-10 years. I feel it should be in same NOC. check your score without 6-10, if it falls below 68, it is a bit risky.
Without the second NOC my score would be around 65-66. I am looking for an official link where it states we can only use 1 NOC from the in demand occupations to claim work experience points. My express entry score is around 440.

NPN

Oct 16, 2018
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Hi all,

Can someone help me with the required documentation for work experience?
My earlier organisation is not ready to provide the experience letter in required format. my manager can provide the required information but he has joined another company.

Please help me on how can I arrange the required letter which will be accepted in SINP.

Thanks in advance
NPN

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Without the second NOC my score would be around 65-66. I am looking for an official link where it states we can only use 1 NOC from the in demand occupations to claim work experience points. My express entry score is around 440.
Read point 1(B) :- SKILLED WORK EXPERIENCE in the link
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/assess-your-eligibility

Last edited:

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Can you please answer my below question?

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Hi all,

Can someone help me with the required documentation for work experience?
My earlier organisation is not ready to provide the experience letter in required format. my manager can provide the required information but he has joined another company.

Please help me on how can I arrange the required letter which will be accepted in SINP.

Thanks in advance
NPN
Request your Ex nanager to provide Reference letter for the old date.
I submitted my one of the Reference letter for 6 to 10 years work period of 31 October, 2010 (For job period Oct. 2004 to Oct. 2010)
My SINP Application submission date was 1st January, 2016. And that was simply accepted, without any objection.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Can you please answer my below question?

NOC 4211 has 4 sub-classifications, and you can go for best suitable any one among them :-
i. Paralegals
ii. Independent Paralegals
iii. Notaries Public
iv. Trademark Agents
Among them, you can choose Independent Paralegals.
Independent paralegals provide legal services to the public as allowed by government legislation, or provide paralegal services on contract to law firms or other establishments.
Duties and Responsibilities are same as the Lawyer :-
Independent paralegals perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Represent clients in small claims court and in other lower court proceedings, at tribunals and before administrative bodies
  • Advise clients and take legal action on landlord and tenant matters, traffic violations, name changes and other issues within their jurisdictions.

Independent paralegals require knowledge of legal principles and procedures usually obtained through industry-sponsored courses and through experience, or through completion of a community college paralegal program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustafa83

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
NOC 4211 has 4 sub-classifications, and you can go for best suitable any one among them :-
i. Paralegals
ii. Independent Paralegals
iii. Notaries Public
iv. Trademark Agents
Among them, you can choose Independent Paralegals.
Independent paralegals provide legal services to the public as allowed by government legislation, or provide paralegal services on contract to law firms or other establishments.
Duties and Responsibilities are same as the Lawyer :-
Independent paralegals require knowledge of legal principles and procedures usually obtained through industry-sponsored courses and through experience, or through completion of a community college paralegal program.
Thank you very much for the information. Much appreciated.

My main concern is that in all reference letters, state issues papers it will be stated as Legal Professional/Legal Expert/Lawyer or something like that.

So, do you think it will be a problem/ground to refuse my application?

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Thank you very much for the information. Much appreciated.

My main concern is that in all reference letters, state issues papers it will be stated as Legal Professional/Legal Expert/Lawyer or something like that.

So, do you think it will be a problem/ground to refuse my application?
No.
They don't have any interest in Job Title.
Only job duties are important

Reactions: Mustafa83

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
No.
They don't have any interest in Job Title.
Only job duties are important
That what I was thinking. So, will ask my manager to write job duties that mostly apply to paralegals and will add a few that are done by lawyers.

I just hope it will not be considered as submission of false information :(

Thank you very much.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
That what I was thinking. So, will ask my manager to write job duties that mostly apply to paralegals and will add a few that are done by lawyers.

I just hope it will not be considered as submission of false information :(

Thank you very much.
Yes. Min. 70% job duties related to Paralegal, and never copy word by word.