03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Sunil_JZ said:
Anyone used a retirement annuity/provident fund as proof of funds. In South Africa we are allowed to get a payout of these funds minus the tax upon immigration.
Yes RRSPs/Pension is allowed. Along with your pension statement, provide a letter from your pension provider which outlines the terms regarding when and how you can access the funds from your pension. Settlement funds should be unencumbered, so you have to prove to SINP that the money will be available to you when you arrive in Canada.

meinwa

Aug 8, 2015
The processing time estimate listed on SINP website, does that include holidays and weekends? Or do we need to exclude that from the count? In other words when they say 90 days, we don't count Saturday/Sundays and national holidays?

sanjeev31aug

May 21, 2014
NCR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meinwa said:
The processing time estimate listed on SINP website, does that include holidays and weekends? Or do we need to exclude that from the count? In other words when they say 90 days, we don't count Saturday/Sundays and national holidays?
They count only working days I guess..

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
meinwa said:
Bear in mind that they haven't committed to a processing time. The figure they posted is an estimated average, which should be considered as a reference.

fbms

Aug 6, 2015
Is software engineering degree related to the NOC 2174?
I have a non-relevant bachelor degree and a software engineering master degree.
Their requirements need at least one year work experience on related education, so I'm warried about this.

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
fbms said:
Is software engineering degree related to the NOC 2174?
I have a non-relevant bachelor degree and a software engineering master degree.
Their requirements need at least one year work experience on related education, so I'm warried about this.
This is more of a general observation than a direct response to your questions fbms. Most IT 217X NOCs overlap in job functions. However, note that the occupation (Software Engineers and Designers) requires certification in Saskatchewan, and the fact that your education is designated as Software Engineer I think will more or less impact the SINP officer's judgement that you are inclined to seek employment as a Software Engineer. What is your job experience? Do your job experience letters lean more to 2173 or 2174? Job experience letters carry a lot of weight.

On a side note, If the work you plan on doing in Saskatchewan is considered engineering or geoscience as shown in the definiations below, then either you need to be supervised by a registered professional or be registered as one yourself (meaning: certification is required).
Code:
The definition of the practice of engineering from section 2(m) on The Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act is as follows:

2(m) “practice of professional engineering” means any act of planning,
designing, composing, measuring, evaluating, inspecting, advising, reporting,
directing or supervising, or managing any of the foregoing, that requires the
application of engineering principles and that concerns the safeguarding of
life, health, property, economic interests, the public interest or the environment;

The definition of the practice of geoscience from section 2(n) on The Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act is as follows:

2(n) “practice of professional geoscience” means the application of
principles of geoscience that include, but are not limited to, principles of
geology, geophysics and geochemistry, to any act of acquiring or processing
data, advising, evaluating, examining, interpreting, reporting, sampling or

geoscientific surveying, that is directed toward:
(i) the discovery or development of oil, natural gas, coal, metallic
or non-metallic minerals, precious stones, water or other natural
resources; or
(ii) the investigation of surface or sub-surface geological conditions;
For the certification required contact the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
2255-13th Avenue, Suite 104
Regina SK S4P 0V6 Canada
www.apegs.sk.ca

fbms

Aug 6, 2015
mapleback said:
This is more of a general observation than a direct response to your questions fbms. Most IT 217X NOCs overlap in job functions. However, note that the occupation (Software Engineers and Designers) requires certification in Saskatchewan, and the fact that your education is designated as Software Engineer will more or less impact the SINP officer's judgement that you are inclined to seek employment as a Software Engineer. What is your job experience? Do your job experience letters lean more to 2173 or 2174? Job experience letters carry a lot of weight.

For the certification required contact the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
2255-13th Avenue, Suite 104
Regina SK S4P 0V6 Canada
Thank you. My job experience is about programm developing. Perhaps I should wait and see the results.

dhs11

Feb 24, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Feb-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
11-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
07-Feb-2016
Hey sanjeev31aug

When you submitted your application online, Can you pls. let us know the date pls.

Thanks in advance
Dhs11

Change

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015 SINP EE
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015 (SINP)
Nomination.....
25-09-2015
AOR Received.
ITA:23-10-2015, e_APR Submitted:03-11-2015, AOR:03-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Done
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
dhs11 said:
Hey sanjeev31aug

When you submitted your application online, Can you pls. let us know the date pls.

Thanks in advance
Dhs11
Dsh11, Sanjeev31aug submitted his application online on june 8 2015. His status is currently in process.

You can get this information on the spreadsheet.

hariprasathg

Sep 9, 2015
Dear All,

I have submitted my application on 16th June 2015 to SINP. I received document request from SINP on 28th Aug 2015. I have submitted the missing documents on the same day (28th Aug 2015) such as my spouse birth certificate and mine.
While submitting my missing documents, I placed an inquiry to SINP regarding the process of adding my child (expected to be born on last week of Oct 2015) as dependent.

I received a reply letter from SINP dated Sept 01, 2015 with below information,

"Please refer to the attached document for a list of missing and/or incomplete documents. To keep your file active please submit the item(s) listed in the enclosed document within 45 days of date of this letter.
Please do not contact the SINP regarding your file status as this may delay processing. The SINP will contact you if any further information is required. If any of your personal information changes (i.e.mailing address, family composition, marital status etc.), please notify our office quoting your file number.
Thank you for your interest in the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program.
Enclosure
Document: Missing and/or Incomplete Required Documents List
Missing and/or incomplete documents:
Baby - Dependant Child
Birth Document
When the baby is born please provide a copy of thier Birth Certificate.
Passport
After the baby is born please provide a copy of the childs passport."

My application status is showing as "Waiting for applicant" till date.

Please provide your comments, whether my application will be in the same status till I produce my child (expected new born) birth certificate & passport (or)
My application will be processed as of now.

Regards
Hari Prasath G

Sunil_JZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
hariprasathg said:
Dear All,

I have submitted my application on 16th June 2015 to SINP. I received document request from SINP on 28th Aug 2015. I have submitted the missing documents on the same day (28th Aug 2015) such as my spouse birth certificate and mine.
While submitting my missing documents, I placed an inquiry to SINP regarding the process of adding my child (expected to be born on last week of Oct 2015) as dependent.

I received a reply letter from SINP dated Sept 01, 2015 with below information,

"Please refer to the attached document for a list of missing and/or incomplete documents. To keep your file active please submit the item(s) listed in the enclosed document within 45 days of date of this letter.
Please do not contact the SINP regarding your file status as this may delay processing. The SINP will contact you if any further information is required. If any of your personal information changes (i.e.mailing address, family composition, marital status etc.), please notify our office quoting your file number.
Thank you for your interest in the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program.
Enclosure
Document: Missing and/or Incomplete Required Documents List
Missing and/or incomplete documents:
Baby - Dependant Child
Birth Document
When the baby is born please provide a copy of thier Birth Certificate.
Passport
After the baby is born please provide a copy of the childs passport."

My application status is showing as "Waiting for applicant" till date.

Please provide your comments, whether my application will be in the same status till I produce my child (expected new born) birth certificate & passport (or)
My application will be processed as of now.

Regards
Hari Prasath G
I am in same situation with our second child being born recently while we await processing of application. I have informed SINP of this and they have informed me that i would need to send passport, birth certificate and prove that I have sufficient funds to cover new family member. We have just taken our 6 day old son for passport photos for his new passport-quite an experience! Hopefully passport will be available soon.

SINP has not moved my status to "Waiting on applicant" as yet. Are you sure they are not waiting on other documentation not related to imminent birth of your child? It seems strange that they would start the clock on the 45 days long before the actual birth. If this is the case you will not make the deadline.

My main concern is proving that I have had the necessary minimum funds in my bank account for the last three months for a family of 4 as opposed to my initial application for family of 3. I did not think this through completely and assumed they would only need to see full amount(for family of 4) in bank account from the date of birth of 2nd child. Hoping they will accept a retirement annuity fund as proof.

hariprasathg

Sep 9, 2015
Dear Sunil,

My hearty congratulations to you on the new arrival of your family member & God Bless.

Assuming that you are from India, you should receive your child passport in 3 working days and you can submit the pending documents easily at the earliest.

Let us hope for the best.

Regards
Hari Prasath G