+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP In-Demand occupation

Energy1

Apr 8, 2017
I would like to know the requirement for In-Demand occupation. I am currently working as mechanical engineer for 4 years. I have completed my master in mechanical engineering and I have done the Educational Credential Assessment through approved organization by IRCC. (International Qualification Assessment Service)

in the below link, the requirement for mechanical enigneers is to provide documentation from APEGS showing Engineer-in-Training membership.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/sinp-in-demand-occupation-list

Now, do I still need to do another assessment through APEGS? or ECA letter for my degree is enough?

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I would like to know the requirement for In-Demand occupation. I am currently working as mechanical engineer for 4 years. I have completed my master in mechanical engineering and I have done the Educational Credential Assessment through approved organization by IRCC. (International Qualification Assessment Service)

in the below link, the requirement for mechanical enigneers is to provide documentation from APEGS showing Engineer-in-Training membership.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/sinp-in-demand-occupation-list

Now, do I still need to do another assessment through APEGS? or ECA letter for my degree is enough?
You need Apegs as your occupation is regulated there. You can apply licence and submit nomination application at the same time but they will not process your application till you send your licence.

Energy1

Apr 8, 2017
You need Apegs as your occupation is regulated there. You can apply licence and submit nomination application at the same time but they will not process your application till you send your licence.
thank you for the reply. so my understanding is this assessment is related to work experience and not to education. Do you know how normally the process takes to get the licence ?

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
thank you for the reply. so my understanding is this assessment is related to work experience and not to education. Do you know how normally the process takes to get the license ?
the process, I am not sure as my occupation is not regulated and I never applied for license. Heard it takes few months to an year so plan well in advance.