+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP! Education Documents

SelmaFarhan

Oct 13, 2022
Hi all,

Asking for a friend. He is applying for SINP. Does he need to get equivalency(ECA) for all of his education documents or just his highest degree? If anyone could reply, it would be helpful.

selgoy30

Aug 12, 2022
Hi all,

Asking for a friend. He is applying for SINP. Does he need to get equivalency(ECA) for all of his education documents or just his highest degree? If anyone could reply, it would be helpful.
You need ECA for the highest degree you are claiming points for. Take note there is only one slot for uploading ECA when submitting your application after ITA.

SelmaFarhan

Oct 13, 2022
You need ECA for the highest degree you are claiming points for. Take note there is only one slot for uploading ECA when submitting your application after ITA.
Yes i understand and that what I did when I applied for Express Entry. But the SINP website mentions that there is a requirement to upload all educational documents. That why I am in a bit of a limbo here.

SelmaFarhan

Oct 13, 2022
Obviously yes he does. Without an ECA, your documents are considered "fake news."
For Express Entry the applicant is required to get equivalency for the highest degree. There has been some amendment in the rules in last 2 years i guess. But I am particularly asking for SINP (provincial nominee). On the website it is mentioned to get equivalency for all educational documents. So I am not sure whether this rule of getting ECA for highest degree is same for provincial or not?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
For Express Entry the applicant is required to get equivalency for the highest degree. There has been some amendment in the rules in last 2 years i guess. But I am particularly asking for SINP (provincial nominee). On the website it is mentioned to get equivalency for all educational documents. So I am not sure whether this rule of getting ECA for highest degree is same for provincial or not?
You need an ECA for your highest qualification full stop if its a foreign degree.

Reactions: Taran D

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes i understand and that what I did when I applied for Express Entry. But the SINP website mentions that there is a requirement to upload all educational documents. That why I am in a bit of a limbo here.
You are talking about 2 different things, so ECA converts a foreign degree as per Canadian equivalency upon highest degree attained till date but still one needs to upload all the degree certificates. So under education section compiling ECA report and all degree certificates and transcripts.

shawnthesheep

Sep 23, 2022
hello all,

Someone got below rejection from SINP. can anyone explain why they rejected due to missing Bachelors where as Highest degree was attached with ECA ?

Applicant's profile:
Bachelors in Computer Applications - 2012
MBA - Information Systems - 2018
Claimed work Experience: 2012 till date

NOC 2281 - No university degree mandatory

Last edited:

selgoy30

Aug 12, 2022
hello all,

Someone got below rejection from SINP. can anyone explain why they rejected due to missing Bachelors where as Highest degree was attached with ECA ?

Applicant's profile:
MBA - Information Technology - 2018

The explanations given are all in there but I find it very lame that SINP will not accept the work experience prior to 2018. Is it not natural for people to start work, and eventually discover their career path before pursuing further post-secondary education in order to reaffirm their competence in a particular field? As we know competence is built over time - the reason it's acceptable to recognize years of experience as justified by the reference letters even if they are before post-secondary education. And again, competence is not defined by post-secondary education alone. Competence as per the NOC encompasses experience and education. It does not mention that education should come first. Again, not recognizing experience gained while pursuing post-secondary education does not apply to foreign work experience. If you studied in Canada, then it can be agreed that experience while on a study permit will not count. For foreign work experience, people do work while pursuing further studies. The conclusion from this decision is that SINP does not recognize post-secondary education relating to your NOC done after you've had some past work experience. That does not make sense.

Last edited:

shawnthesheep

Sep 23, 2022
The explanations given are all in there but I find it very lame that SINP will not accept the work experience prior to 2018. Is it not natural for people to start work, and eventually discover their career path before pursuing further post-secondary education in order to reaffirm their competence in a particular field? As we know competence is built over time - the reason it's acceptable to recognize years of experience as justified by the reference letters even if they are before post-secondary education. And again, competence is not defined by post-secondary education alone. Competence as per the NOC encompasses experience and education. It does not mention that education should come first. Again, not recognizing experience gained while pursuing post-secondary education does not apply to foreign work experience. If you studied in Canada, then it can be agreed that experience while on a study permit will not count. For foreign work experience, people do work while pursuing further studies. The conclusion from this decision is that SINP does not recognize a master's program relating to your NOC done in the future if you have past work experience. That does not make sense.
thanks for the detailed answer
Yes its a foreign education and have already filed for SINP review

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
hello all,

Applicant's profile:
MBA - Information Systems - 2018

NOC 2281 - No university degree mandatory

The rejection is due to the fact that IRCC considered the said education as specialized and that one can't work in that field until and unless completed that education (as per IRCC). So the person had claimed the points before that completion of studies.
For ECA although its always for the highest degree but WES can ask for or verify other lower degree from the Uni. It seems like in this case WES did not verified the Bachelors degree.

Again its not my view but as per the letter uploaded.

Last edited:

tolexy

Dec 14, 2015
thanks for the detailed answer
Yes its a foreign education and have already filed for SINP review
Hello

Please any update with the review. I've got a brother with exact same rejection letter. All along the expectation is to do wes verification for the highest degree. Your feedback would be most appreciated