+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single mom Plan to give birth in the Philippines.. Pls help..

book!d

Jul 28, 2013
I'm a canadian citizen by grant, I planning to give birth back home(Philippines). My pregnancy was a night with someone unknown and unfortunately left a remembrance.. But I'm keeping the baby. The only thing worries me is how can I apply my newborn to be with me when it's time for me to come back in Canada? Can somebody help me? One thing more, when registering my kid, I can put unknown on fathers name right?

quebecvietnam

Feb 24, 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
Doc's Request.
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-08-2013
Med's Request
Med's done!
Med's Done....
18-07-2013
Interview........
waived! :)
Passport Req..
Req.nov 2013, sent 06-01-2014!
VISA ISSUED...
P.R approved! (04-02-2014) passport received 10-02-2014! :D
Hi,
I think you should ask the question to the Canadian embassy (if you are already in Philippines), they will most probably have a better answer for you!
Good luck with everything

kenth11

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
File Transfer...
10-04-2013(SA) CEM received April 23,2013
Med's Done....
16-11-12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-9-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-14
LANDED..........
April
book!d said:
I'm a canadian citizen by grant, I planning to give birth back home(Philippines). My pregnancy was a night with someone unknown and unfortunately left a remembrance.. But I'm keeping the baby. The only thing worries me is how can I apply my newborn to be with me when it's time for me to come back in Canada? Can somebody help me? One thing more, when registering my kid, I can put unknown on fathers name right?

hi yes of course you can put unknown on the fathers name that way it will be very easy and less hassle as youre a single mom goodluck :)

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
book!d said:
Hi, before you leave the hospital in the Philippines, make sure you have submitted all requirements needed for birth registration. The hospital will be the one to forward it to the city registrar's office (where you will be giving birth) and the city registrar will be the one to forward it to the National Statistics Office (NSO).

Here's the tricky part, it will take 4 to 6 months before you can get an authenticated NSO birth certificate here in the Philippines (yeah it's that long and process is really that slow!). You will need to present this authenticated birth certificate to the Canadian Embassy (plus all other requirements) for your child to apply for a citizenship certificate. Application for citizenship certificate will take another 6 to 8 months then after acquiring the citizenship certificate you need to go back again to the Canadian Embassy for passport application.

All in all, in my opinion if you have the option to give birth in Canada please do so in order for you to avoid all these horrendous waiting times. If you plan to stay long before going back to Canada I think you can go through this but if you plan to give birth here and bring the child back to Canada within a few months, I think it will not be possible. :(

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
kenth11 said:
hi yes of course you can put unknown on the fathers name that way it will be very easy and less hassle as youre a single mom goodluck :)
Absolutely, you can put Father Unknown, it will save you a ton of grief later on. If it was me, I would think twice about putting Father Unknown (just my opinion).

I will relate one story of a friend of mine from work though, in regards to his own son and his and his wife's decision to have their son born back home in Ethiopia. (he is now a citizen, his was at the time was a PR. His wife was literally stuck for months, in Ethiopia, after their son was born going through red tape, to get them back here.

Thankfully they had family there to assist on the Ethiopian side. His wife was free to come back right away, but not his new born son, until they could get all the paper work could get finished up, so that the new born was free to travel to Canada. My buddy from work, still to this days, looks back on this situation, laughs and calls it the biggest mistake of their lives.
Subsequently their next two children where born in Canada.

At the end of it all, their son was about six seven months old before Father and son finally met for the first time. Definitely inquire with CIC, CEM whomever before you make any decision about the location of the birth, just to avoid any heart ache further down the road.

book!d

Jul 28, 2013
Thank u so much for all the replies..
I do have a follow up questions regarding my situation, aside from being pregnant by unknown father, I'm in a common law status with same sex for 5 years now. Does this one affects the application for my newborn in the future?
I'm really decided to give birth back home for the guilt feeling I've had and I'm planning every thing to keep low or secret to every one as much as I can.. But I know immigration needs the truth, I hope they won't scrutinize me by the time I sponsor my baby...
Hope to hear from u guys, again..** just stressed, over thinking too.. :(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
book!d said:
But I know immigration needs the truth, I hope they won't scrutinize me by the time I sponsor my baby...
You don't need to sponsor your baby. You said you are a naturalized Canadian citizen, therefore your child is also a Canadian citizen.

rowdboat said:
Application for citizenship certificate will take another 6 to 8 months then after acquiring the citizenship certificate you need to go back again to the Canadian Embassy for passport application.

but if you plan to give birth here and bring the child back to Canada within a few months, I think it will not be possible. :(

Actually, as soon as the OP has submitted the certificate of citizenship application, she can request a temporary Canadian passport for the baby . It is usually processed quite quickly and she can travel to Canada with the child immediately.

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
Actually, as soon as the OP has submitted the certificate of citizenship application, she can request a temporary Canadian passport for the baby . It is usually processed quite quickly and she can travel to Canada with the child immediately.
[/quote]

thanks for the added info glad to know there's such a process in place at least that somehow quickens the waiting time :)