+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

single live-in-caregiver applicants

locam

Jan 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! Is it true that the application process of single LIC for OWP & PR is much faster than the ones with dependents?or just the same? Can anyone share their experience? :)

raven31

Apr 25, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there!

I was under the live-in caregiver and my PR was granted in 9 months - but then again this was back in 2006. The timeline has changed and I hear they require more documents now.

I was also told that it was faster to apply for yourself first than apply with your dependents. Probably because CIC Vegreville has to wait for the medical results from your dependents. :)

locam

Jan 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raven31 said:
Hi there!

I was under the live-in caregiver and my PR was granted in 9 months - but then again this was back in 2006. The timeline has changed and I hear they require more documents now.

I was also told that it was faster to apply for yourself first than apply with your dependents. Probably because CIC Vegreville has to wait for the medical results from your dependents. :)

Thank you for the reply. :) yeah,I saw the timeline in CIC website,12-13 mos for OWP and then another 15 mos for the PR,that would be 27 mos! :eek: I am single,and I'm about to apply for OWP and PR this coming october.I am planning to include my mother and my younger brother in my application,but if this is the case then maybe i'll apply first :-\

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
locam: i am not sure you can include you mother and sibling into your application, maybe when you had your permanent residency already. i had the same question before, i wanted to inlcude my mother.

locam

Jan 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vampirella said:
locam: i am not sure you can include you mother and sibling into your application, maybe when you had your permanent residency already. i had the same question before, i wanted to inlcude my mother.
@vampirella: I think you are right.I browse cic website a while ago,and I saw the dependents that can be included in PR application,mothers and siblings are not included. :( anyways,ya maybe when I have my PR,I'll just sponsor them. :)
I supposed you already applied for PR,how is the processing time?Are you a permament resident already? :)

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
^ Hi! I'm still in the process of completing my requirements actually. God-willing I'll send it on June. Are you done yet?

locam

Jan 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vampirella said:
^ Hi! I'm still in the process of completing my requirements actually. God-willing I'll send it on June. Are you done yet?

@ vampirella:nope,not yet,Im going to send it on October. :).hoping by the time will send our OWP & PR application,the timeline will be shorter ;)

Windrider

Apr 16, 2011
Guelph, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! I applied for PR in 2009 and got open work-permit in 3 months, PR in 9 months and it was single applicant too. Sadly the process time changed and it takes much longer now. I wish you good luck