+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singaporean applicants under FSW

tran

May 10, 2009
Hi Abelkwh,

Quite a drastic change there. It's a viable option to be gainfully employed though.
All the best in your future endeavours.

tran

May 10, 2009
I am in Calgary, Alberta. Can I claim child tax benefit and child health benefit
for my two sons(4yrs. & 6 yrs.)? If yes, do I apply for it or my wife? Thanks

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
tran said:
Hi Abelkwh,

Quite a drastic change there. It's a viable option to be gainfully employed though.
All the best in your future endeavours.
No choice man, Tran, sometimes, we are compelled by the circumstances and the economy. If we are forced to change jobs or industry then we have to be re-trained or do something which we may not like but do not have to re-trained. Thats what Mediajunkie and myself are doing, we dont really want to go back to school but we just have no choice. What about u? what are yr plans? back to real-estate or what industry are u looking at?

tran

May 10, 2009
Hi Abelkwh,

I keep my options open. It can be anything...finance..real estate..or whatever.
Probably I need to get a survival job first to keep my bank a/c healthy.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi,

I am a singaporean, applying for PR in Canada, and have received letter from CIC, Sydney to forward documents to Visa Office, Singapore. I still have 40 days left to submit the documents.

Wonder whether you can help / advise me on the following:

a: as to what documents need to be notary public.I have all my certificates in English.
b: is there a need to send the orginal, can I send a photocopy and if they need to see the original I can bring for them to see.
c: Can I hand over my application to the High Commission, Canada, by hand.

Thanks.

tran

May 10, 2009
Hi sansan,

I only sent in notarised photocopies; never originals. I have ever sent additional
documents over the counter after having written my immigration file number on the
back.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi Tran,

Thanks, and what type of documents do we need to have it notary public.

Would they reject the documents if it has not been notary public.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi,

Any idea as to which singapore company to refer to for notary public - and recommedations, and whether they can "stamp" the documents soonest. What is the normal duration for the notary public to certify the documents.

Thanks

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
sansan said:
Any idea as to which singapore company to refer to for notary public - and recommedations, and whether they can "stamp" the documents soonest. What is the normal duration for the notary public to certify the documents.
Most law firms would have amongst one of their lawyers a notary public. As they need to conform to the format prescribed by CIO/VO, you should contact them first so that they are made aware of it. Otherwise they will use a generic "stamp".

mathu

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
LIONCITY
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE-2007
hi sansan

Please give your time line .please call this number 62278281 . i am waiting for updates applied in 2007 july.

thanks and regards

buhari

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi,

How are things with your side, after immigrating.

I had forward my documents to CHC, Singapore on the 29th Oct 2010 via normal mail, and had yet to receive the AOR (2nd) from CHC, Singapore.
I send an enquiry via email to CHC, Singapore and was informed that a reply would be send in 100 days. Would appreciate if give any ideas to why 100 days, cause from the discussion on this site - 14 days is the norm.

Thanks.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
CHC Singapore usually sends AOR after 3-4 weeks of receiving full docs.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I posted an enquiry to the CHC - Singapore, and they informed that to allow "Please allow 100 days for such action" - that means 3 months to forward a AOR.

Did anyone had the same reply.

Thanks.