+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore VO - Study Permit Applicants

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
Just hold on, you'll get it soon. They're clearing the May applications now.
Yea will be waiting for a few weeks more. My school had QnA video conference recently for the upcoming Sep students and the main question was "What if I don't get my visa on time?". They told us not to defer yet and to wait for a few more weeks, around md Aug.

Btw how long did they take to return the passport back to you with visa stamp?

aaimy

Jul 18, 2022
Applied May 27th here from Malaysia. Biometrics passed 9th June, Medicals not done upfront, not yet requested from IRCC. However, on the 23rd of July my application started reviewing for eligibility. This a good sign?

Kahl Lee

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Applied May 27th here from Malaysia. Biometrics passed 9th June, Medicals not done upfront, not yet requested from IRCC. However, on the 23rd of July my application started reviewing for eligibility. This a good sign?
Yes it’s a good sign. Yours is pretty quick!

Kahl Lee

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Yea will be waiting for a few weeks more. My school had QnA video conference recently for the upcoming Sep students and the main question was "What if I don't get my visa on time?". They told us not to defer yet and to wait for a few more weeks, around md Aug.

Btw how long did they take to return the passport back to you with visa stamp?
Passport took 5 working days. They did it very professionally.

Reactions: HS7

starly

May 20, 2022
A quick update. I've got approval for my study permit on 22nd July.

Can I clarify with anyone here who are citizens with eTA requirements - do we need to send our passports in for stamping?

Kahl Lee

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
A quick update. I've got approval for my study permit on 22nd July.

Can I clarify with anyone here who are citizens with eTA requirements - do we need to send our passports in for stamping?
eTA vs TRV different things. I would suggest you to check out the official IRCC website rather than confirming something that important here.

jonathanlimsc

Jun 22, 2022
I'm Singaporean, and I applied for a study permit on 26 June, intended for Fall 2022 admission (quite late I know, because I was waiting for my Quebec CAQ which I need for the study permit application). I did my medical beforehand, and it was linked to my application on 28 June. Biometrics were also done on 28 June.

Background check and final decision are still pending.

I wonder if I will make it in time for Fall 2022.. Do you guys think I should be planning to postpone?

Edit: Do let me know if any June applicants have already received their study permits too

Last edited:

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
I'm Singaporean, and I applied for a study permit on 26 June, intended for Fall 2022 admission (quite late I know, because I was waiting for my Quebec CAQ which I need for the study permit application). I did my medical beforehand, and it was linked to my application on 28 June. Biometrics were also done on 28 June.

Background check and final decision are still pending.

I wonder if I will make it in time for Fall 2022.. Do you guys think I should be planning to postpone?
Check with your school on their deadlines but I think no harm waiting for a couple more weeks even though there is 12 week processing time. Also take note that It take about 5 days to get passport back after PPR and you probably want to be in Canada about a week before class start.

jonathanlimsc

Jun 22, 2022
Check with your school on their deadlines but I think no harm waiting for a couple more weeks even though there is 12 week processing time. Also take note that It take about 5 days to get passport back after PPR and you probably want to be in Canada about a week before class start.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Since I am Singaporean, I think I can enter Canada on eTA and will not need to send in my passport for TRV. I think I will be able to save on the turnaround time needed for PPR.

But yes, I will wait a few more weeks since my classes start on 6 Sep and the deadline of deferral for my school is 20 Sep

Last edited:

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
Thanks for your suggestions.

Since I am Singaporean, I think I can enter Canada on eTA and will not need to send in my passport for TRV. I think I will be able to save on the turnaround time needed for PPR.

But yes, I will wait a few more weeks since my classes start on 6 Sep and the deadline of deferral for my school is 20 Sep
Not sure about eTA, I have that as well but it seems like most have been sending in passport.
Anyway you can also apply for US ESTA so that you can transit/layover in US in this way you have more options on flights, which might get limited and expensive.

Last edited:

jonathanlimsc

Jun 22, 2022
Not sure about eTA, I have that as well but it seems like most have been sending in passport.
Anyway you can also apply for US ESTA so that you can transit/layover in US in this way you have more options on flights, which might get limited and expensive.
May I ask what's your nationality? Some nationalities are visa-exempt (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html).

My friend who is Singaporean did not have to submit his passport for his Study permit.

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022