Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Baloo said:
I assume that you received standard replies, or a reply from a staffer?
From the Immigration Minister, yes

From SG - NO reply

From BKK - I was granted a meeting with the Consular General, which was enlightening but by the end of the day really didn't amount to a hill of beans as the offices really do operate as their own little kingdoms.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bangkokcanuck said:
From the Immigration Minister, yes

To be expected

From SG - NO reply

Obviously too busy processing applications

From BKK - I was granted a meeting with the Consular General, which was enlightening but by the end of the day really didn't amount to a hill of beans as the offices really do operate as their own little kingdoms.

Why am I not surprised?

sovo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2010
Doc's Request.
29-06-2011
Med's Request
29-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-11-2009, re done july 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Sept 5, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 20, 2011
LANDED..........
October 23, 2011
My experience with SPORE: When they ask for further documents they usually give you a deadline (e.g. 90 days). In my case, even if you provide them with the documents within a week, the VO won't do anything until the 90 days is up. For example, SPORE requested DNA test in November and I agreed to the test in November, which SPORE was informed. As of now, SPORE has not scheduled a date for DNA test. Wait time and still counting 4 months. Prior to DNA, they requested birth certificate of new born in July, which I sent and they received in july. No response from them until November. I order CAIPS to see what was going on. The bring forward date for DNA was february 27 2011, which they should have looked over the file and scheduled a date for DNA by now, however, still no letter or DNA schedule date.

The long wait time may be a result of these deadlines that the VO gives to applicants when thy ask for further documents. The issue is why the VO waits until the deadline when they have receive the file months before the deadline. Why can't they just pull up the file, once they received the documents.

In a routine case, the applicants may not have to wait 18 months...but why do others, who have to send in further documents, have to wait until they decide to re-open their file again.

It makes me wonder about how many applicants they are reviewing while I wait to hear from them. Paper screening doesn't take long (AS PER MY CAIPS note). Majority of the time they decide if the applicant needs an interview or not after paper screening.

IMO, if you're placed in the interview queue or been asked to provide further documents...you're screwed, expect long wait time with any VO

IndoLady

Dec 15, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Med's Done....
February 2010
Hey all,

I just re-did my medical this month, its been two weeks hopefully Singapore will receive it soon.

The question is how long does it take for them to send you the passport request after that?

masternardo

Jan 14, 2011
The forum is very quite lately or is it because of the Singapore office getting slow this past few months? It's been 4 mosnths since I passed our application and no news from them yet. Nothing except for the status they posted in ECAS saying "we received you application in Dec" *sigh*

IndoLady said:
Hey all,

I just re-did my medical this month, its been two weeks hopefully Singapore will receive it soon.

The question is how long does it take for them to send you the passport request after that?

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
masternardo said:
The forum is very quite lately or is it because of the Singapore office getting slow this past few months? It's been 4 mosnths since I passed our application and no news from them yet. Nothing except for the status they posted in ECAS saying "we received you application in Dec" *sigh*
Yeah! I agree, nobody posting anything like used to be.
Does anyone send e-mail and ask Singapore why the process is so slow?

lemon

Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent email to SG visa office last month. I have received no response whatsoever! Almost all of people from Oct thread are landing except SG. Its killing me. :(

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Hi. I was approved as a sponsor in Canada within about a month of sending, and then they sent it to Singapore where it was received on December 8th, 2010. So in a couple days it will have been 4 months, which seems to be the shortest timeline that some lucky people are getting. I'm hoping for a letter of some sort soon, whether it is requesting for additional documents or not. If they did request for additional documents, I have no idea what they might be.

I'm just sponsoring my wife, with no kids. Sometimes I wonder if it has to do with the completeness of the documents we send there, that can make the difference between a 4 month wait and a year+ wait. Or could also be about other members of her family that bring up red flags with immigration problems or criminal activity, but I'm not aware of any issues in my wife's family.

What kind of proof have you guys sent?

I sent probably a hundred+ pictures or our various trips together, dating back almost 2 years for one of them, (passports stamped in copies to show our entrance together) pics of me with family and her with my family when they came to visit us, and pics of our livings arraignments and vehicles. Also documents confirming our living together, and bank statements showing our joint account and money sent from hers to mine in Canada often, proof of us calling each other and emailing each other's family (we have been together the whole time in Thailand) and the whole history and course of the relationship has been described, including our work/study arrangements with proof and plans for when we go to Canada with a employer letter, etc, etc. Lalalala. Or course we also have all the marriage documents, her birth certificate, registration, ID card, passport copies, police clearance, etc.

I can't think of anything else they could possibly demand besides a new medical if it takes too long (the medical we sent was done in July 2010) :/

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemon said:
I sent email to SG visa office last month. I have received no response whatsoever! Almost all of people from Oct thread are landing except SG. Its killing me. :(

Hi Lemon, long time no see! I know how you feel :(

My visa in Canada is going to expire in May which is next month, but I haven't got my PR yet, I am so frustrated now.
How come it takes so long!!!!

I sent email to SG in Feb and I got no reply and yesterday I asked my boyfriend sent it again,if I get any response I'll share with you guys.

lightspeed74

Apr 6, 2011
Yes the same here, i email them since January and still get no response from them. Do they check all email that send to them, or the computer filter them out? They must be very busy.

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lightspeed74 said:
Yes the same here, i email them since January and still get no response from them. Do they check all email that send to them, or the computer filter them out? They must be very busy.
When I sent email by myself no reply, but when I asked my boyfriend sent it to me they reply within 24 hrs.
maybe because my boyfriend is sponsoring me.

lemon

Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Hello kitty,

My hubby(sponsor) sent email to them 3 weeks ago but no response. Do you get any updates via email?

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemon said:
Hi Hello kitty,

My hubby(sponsor) sent email to them 3 weeks ago but no response. Do you get any updates via email?
Dear Mr.XXX

This refers to your e-mail dated XXXX

Ms XXXX's application is pending review by our visa officer.

Please wait for our letter for further instructions.

Thank you.

It's been 6 months but still pending review,I'm so sad.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
A resort we really like in Singapore is having a great deal on rooms on May we are thinking of popping over for a week if I did I will actually go physically to the embassy there and ask them what the hell they do all day as it does not appear to have anything to do with processing applications.

Not that I want to name names, but I know personally someone from Thailand that was granted their RP almost 18 months ago that is in a totally fake marriage. He was and I assume still is a complete moron and used to brag to everyone about his fake letters and fake info and so on and so forth and granted it took him pretty near 18 months to get it but it was a 100% fake marriage to a girl in Alberta, I never knew what she got out of it. I just keep assuming karma will catch up and stay out of it. But that was before I saw everyone in here that is so serious and real and doing all they can to make the Immigration gods happy and yet they sit and wait with not a peep out of the office.

Such an inhuman process.

mmilon

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
application recieved on 30 September,2009
Doc's Request.
recied -November 30, 2009
IELTS Request
given with 1st application
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st April 2011
Dear Farhan,

Which airline would be the best in respect of money and comfort and how can I take $17000 thousand while I will be permitted to take only $12500. Please guide me properly as I don't want my most hard earned money should be used to satisfy any officer.

Thank you