Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Believe_Miracles said:
thank you. youve been an un imaginable help!
God Bless.
Anytime!

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Vivng said:
Thank you DrmBig so much for your response. I think I would update online, do you think online would be fastest and safe way to do?
Sorry for the delayed response.

Well,
yes, online is the safest but when SVO gonna update the file, no one knows. On the other hand, when you send via postal mail, you can retain the proof of sending.

Documents which have to be original ( like PCC) should not be sent via online.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
mikeymyke said:
Hey guys are all passport requests usually sent by mail along with the rest of your application? Has anyone ever got PPR via email?
I can't remember seeing here when SVO sent the PPR via email. Personally, I'd also prefer the email too.

Are you planning to complete the rest of the process from Canada? Or is your better half planning to return Vietnam?

M

mikeymyke

DrmBig said:
I can't remember seeing here when SVO sent the PPR via email. Personally, I'd also prefer the email too.

Are you planning to complete the rest of the process from Canada? Or is your better half planning to return Vietnam?
No, my wife will return home in 3 weeks. We got PPR a couple days ago. She wants to leave a bit earlier than expected so that we can send the passport in and get our visa as soon as possible.

fahimm

May 22, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Hey guys are all passport requests usually sent by mail along with the rest of your application? Has anyone ever got PPR via email?
My wife got requested to send her passport thru email

srgbdgirl

Sep 1, 2014
Canadainfirst said:
Hi everyone

I haven't been on this thread in a long time. My wife got refused during the interview on Oct 28 2013. I just had my ADR appeal two days ago and I won my case. My lawyer advised me to pay the landing fee immediately which I have. Her medical has expired and the police report will expire soon. Her file will be sent to Singapore once more. Another nightmare with this Canadian High Commission. My Lawyer told me it would be another 3 or 4 months. Must I wait for them to request medical and police report or can my wife do it and send it?

As my lawyer advised me it is all about the VO. Some are good people and some are just nasty cruel individuals.
who is your lwyer and where did you apeal?let me know the name of the lawyer.

Believe_Miracles

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
24-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
God Willing Soon
LANDED..........
God Willing!!
fahimm said:
My wife got requested to send her passport thru email
did u ask them specifically to i mean we chose the email option to but it still seems as tho people are getting it through mail.

Believe_Miracles

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
24-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
God Willing Soon
LANDED..........
God Willing!!
mikeymyke said:
You got PPR request via email or regular mail? And was the rest of your application (photos, docs) sent with the PPR? I find it strange they would give PPR through regular mail despite giving other correspondence via email.
hey got ours through email or mail?

M

mikeymyke

We got our PPR through regular mail, despite asking for correspondence to be sent by email. We did however, get all the other stuff via email, like SA, File Transfer, etc. We got our PPR, along with the rest of our photos and documents that we sent in with the original application.

fahimm

May 22, 2014
::) when U guys applied both U and your spouse gave email address right? They say that if U gibe email address that automatically means email is the communication method.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
fahimm said:
::) when U guys applied both U and your spouse gave email address right? They say that if U gibe email address that automatically means email is the communication method.
My wife provided her email addresses. Her re-medical request came via email. But her PPR came via regular mail (and the PPR request letter also stated about the re-medical request.)

rigman

Jul 21, 2014
Hello fellow applicants, My wife has landed in Calgary, AB on 5th Sept. I wish to share our timeline and some of the issues we've had:

Application to sponsored received by CIC Mississagua: 24th Oct 2013
Application received by Singapore Visa Office (SVO): 24th Nov 2013
ECAS status changed from "Application received" to "In Process": May 19th 2014

Once the status changed to "In Process", SVO immediately mailed the passport request to my wife's address in Bangladesh. However we were not notified in anyway that the mail was sent and so we did not know. And since the address was not in a format recognized by BD postal workers, the letter never arrived to my wife's address. By some coincidence we had applied for ATIP/ GCMS notes on June 16th and received it on July 16th. On our notes we saw that the initial review was a pass and no concerns were raised. We also saw that the passport request had been sent on May 19th. We immediately inquired at the post office (on July 18th) and sure enough a letter from SVO was sitting there. There was a deadline to submit the documents on July 19th (60 days from day letter was sent). Obviously we wouldn't be able to submit the passport, updated IMM5669 and visa photos on time.

So we sent inquiries to SVO via the case specific enquiry form on their site. After not receiving any replies, we decided to go ahead and send the requested documents on July 24th, via VFS Global's Sylhet office.

Passport and documents received by SVO: Aug 5th 2014
Passport sent back to VFS Sylhet: 29th Aug 2014
Passport received by VFS Sylhet: 3rd Sept 2014

My wife received a call from VFS agent on Sept 3rd saying that she needs to pick up her passport ASAP as there is an urgency regarding the time. She got on the bus from Dhaka to Sylhet the same day and fortunately arrived 45 minutes before they would close.
She received her Confirmation of Permanent Residence and visa stamped to her passport (issued on 28th Aug 2014). HOWEVER the visa would expire on Sept 6th because her medical would expire on the 6th as well, meaning she had less than 3 days to land in Canada. That seemed like a joke in very bad taste on CICs part.
So we scurried and found a flight for the very next day in the afternoon. She hurried back to Dhaka and packed all night and got on the plane on Sept 4th 2014.
She landed in Calgary on 5th Sept 2014.

So for those waiting on their PPR, I hope you will derive some useful info from our experiences.
Also another note, the immigration officer in Calgary did not ask for the B4 items list form. She passed through immigration here in a breeze.

ttnguyen17

Aug 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
10-02-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-09-2014
rigman said:
Hello fellow applicants, My wife has landed in Calgary, AB on 5th Sept. I wish to share our timeline and some of the issues we've had:

ECAS status changed from "Application received" to "In Process": May 19th 2014

Once the status changed to "In Process", SVO immediately mailed the passport request to my wife's address in Bangladesh. However we were not notified in anyway that the mail was sent and so we did not know. And since the address was not in a format recognized by BD postal workers, the letter never arrived to my wife's address. By some coincidence we had applied for ATIP/ GCMS notes on June 16th and received it on July 16th. On our notes we saw that the initial review was a pass and no concerns were raised. We also saw that the passport request had been sent on May 19th. We immediately inquired at the post office (on July 18th) and sure enough a letter from SVO was sitting there. There was a deadline to submit the documents on July 19th (60 days from day letter was sent). Obviously we wouldn't be able to submit the passport, updated IMM5669 and visa photos on time.

So we sent inquiries to SVO via the case specific enquiry form on their site. After not receiving any replies, we decided to go ahead and send the requested documents on July 24th, via VFS Global's Sylhet office.

Passport and documents received by SVO: Aug 5th 2014
Passport sent back to VFS Sylhet: 29th Aug 2014
Passport received by VFS Sylhet: 3rd Sept 2014

My wife received a call from VFS agent on Sept 3rd saying that she needs to pick up her passport ASAP as there is an urgency regarding the time. She got on the bus from Dhaka to Sylhet the same day and fortunately arrived 45 minutes before they would close.
She received her Confirmation of Permanent Residence and visa stamped to her passport (issued on 28th Aug 2014). HOWEVER the visa would expire on Sept 6th because her medical would expire on the 6th as well, meaning she had less than 3 days to land in Canada. That seemed like a joke in very bad taste on CICs part.
So we scurried and found a flight for the very next day in the afternoon. She hurried back to Dhaka and packed all night and got on the plane on Sept 4th 2014.
She landed in Calgary on 5th Sept 2014.

So for those waiting on their PPR, I hope you will derive some useful info from our experiences.
Also another note, the immigration officer in Calgary did not ask for the B4 items list form. She passed through immigration here in a breeze.

Thanks for sharing your story, this is what will be happening to my case as well . Hopefully i will get visa back soon before the first medical exam expires .

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
rigman said:

FOR THE ABOVE REASON I POSTED THE FOLLOWING AT THE END OF LAST AUGUST :

Message to all the Applicants in SVO is the following :

" If your application went into In Process and you did not get your PP request letter within 2/3 weeks by registered postal mail you can remain certain that SVO has typed in-correct address over your package. Now-a-days it is very common (especially for Bangladesh cases as clerk mis-typing the Bangladeshi addresses). So enquire at your local post office. Still if you do not get it in post office then email SVO that you did NOT received your mail and ask them to check the address typed on the mail. "

Shaw

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Hi Singapore VO applicants,
I looked at the spreadsheet but there was no column for Country of origin.
Are there any Singaporeans applying through the S'pore VO? How long does it take to land on average for a Singaporean going though the VO?
I applied through Inland and starting to seriously consider that maybe Singaporeans applying through the Singapore VO don't have to wait the 36 months on avg? Kinda like how US outlands are 6-7 months.
We did Inland as I was going to be here with my hubby through the process but I've been wondering if we made a huge mistake.
Discovered this forum only after we submitted app.
Audjgal