Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
DrmBig said:
OK. Currently, it is taking more than two months to receive GCMS notes. Don't stress out, you'll get good news soon.

My spouse destination is Ottawa :), what's about you?
That makes two of us. :D

Have you thought about purchasing plane tickets yet? Will the landing be done in Toronto, or are there direct flights to Ottawa? Also, where is your spouse from?

Would be nice if I can share a landing experience with my wife in the Ottawa Airport, as she will be flying alone and is a little nervous. :p

BTW, Our ECAS still says application received. Still waiting for Police Clearance to finish...perhaps another week before we can pick it up and mail to Singapore. Hoping we go In Process a few weeks afterwards.

Koifish76

rhtareq

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
Please help!!! I was recently going through the forms and I had a few questions in my mind. In form IMM 1344, there was a question regarding UCI/ client id. What does that mean? Iam a naturalized Canadian citizen.

Also in form IMM 5540, it states that I have to give the date of when I became a permanent resident if Iam a naturalized Canadian citizen. I was wondering where I will get that information from because I got my citizenship back in 2005 and I just have my citizenship card.

Lastly, I wanted to know if any sponsor in this forum is applying for spousal sponsorship but is residing outside canada. I am applying for my husband but Iam living with him in Bangladesh.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Maisha27 said:
Toronto :) my husbend lives in Mississauga
Maisha,

It seems that you are going to land this month, so don't forget to check TD Canada Trust/RBC for your first back account as they'll be offering free IPAD Mini! (btw, that offer hinges on some conditions..)

Btw, as you'll be in Toronto, there's a organization who provides welcome bags to new immigrant. I forgot the name. You may take a look too.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Vivng said:
Hi all,

Could anyone please tell me how to update my application. I got TRV and went visit my husband in Canada last month, I would like to send VOs my updates and evidences. Should I send to :

High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore
901645 Singapore

Should I ensure my UCI number and Application number or how should I do it.

Your help would be very appreciated. Many thanks! :-X
Personally, I always prefer the courier method so that I can have proof. Make sure that on top of the envelope, you write the :
- File number (Must)
- Applicant Name and DOB (Optional)

Below is the response I provided earlier on same topic

Hi,

You've two options: 1. Online 2. By mail

Prerequisite for using those: File Number: it is mentioned in the first email from Singapore to Principal Applicant

Option 1:
Case Specific Inquiry form is used at the url below:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=singapore

Note that, due to technical glitches, this option is currently available!

Option 2:

You can use either regular mail or courier service. I prefer the courier one.

Use the address below, if you choose the courier service:

Immigration Section
One George Street, #11-01
Singapore 049145

Use the address below, if you choose the regular service:

Immigration Section
P.O. Box 845. Robinson Road
Singapore 901645

Whatever method you use, don't forget to write the File Number on top of the envelope.

Btw, the SVO office address url is :
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Koifish76 said:
That makes two of us. :D

Have you thought about purchasing plane tickets yet? Will the landing be done in Toronto, or are there direct flights to Ottawa? Also, where is your spouse from?

Would be nice if I can share a landing experience with my wife in the Ottawa Airport, as she will be flying alone and is a little nervous. :p

BTW, Our ECAS still says application received. Still waiting for Police Clearance to finish...perhaps another week before we can pick it up and mail to Singapore. Hoping we go In Process a few weeks afterwards.

Koifish76
Sure Mate! All the best to you.

Unfortunately, there's no direct flight to Ottawa from Europe. You've to get off at first either Montreal/Toronto/(Vancouver?). So, whatever your first airport in Canada, you've to land there. My spouse is from Dhaka, so she has to land either in MTL/Toronto. Once landing formalities is done, she has to collect her baggage, clear the custom and then baggage has to be forwarded to Ottawa bound plane.

Most probably, my spouse will also land alone. To get rid of her nervousness (which I doubt, she'll have), I am gonna provide her some tips beforehand! I am also thinking to choose the route such way so that there is at least 4 hours gap between connecting flight.(which will ease the tension of catching the connecting flight).But that's a long way, hope, we'll get the PPR letter soon.

No, I've not purchased the ticket yet:just waiting for the PPR letter.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
rhtareq said:
Please help!!! I was recently going through the forms and I had a few questions in my mind. In form IMM 1344, there was a question regarding UCI/ client id. What does that mean? Iam a naturalized Canadian citizen.

Also in form IMM 5540, it states that I have to give the date of when I became a permanent resident if Iam a naturalized Canadian citizen. I was wondering where I will get that information from because I got my citizenship back in 2005 and I just have my citizenship card.

Lastly, I wanted to know if any sponsor in this forum is applying for spousal sponsorship but is residing outside canada. I am applying for my husband but Iam living with him in Bangladesh.
Hi,

UCI/Client ID is the Unique Client Identifier , which is a unique number given to all person who apply for any kind of Canadian residency ( Visitor/student visa/PR).

Since, you are naturalized Canadian citizen, so you were a PR first before obtaining citizenship. You can get the Client ID number and PR receiving date from your PR card.

Yes, you can sponsor while living outside but you must provide Intent to Return letter to CIC.

MK88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Dec-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
07-Jan-2014
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2014
Med's Request
15-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
16-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 ~Submitted 02-Mar-2015~
VISA ISSUED...
04-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
March 2015
can someone tell me what is GCMS notes and why do i have to order them?
Also my ECAS went into 'in process' on aug 11 but i have not received any mail from them yet...should i b worried?

Believe_Miracles

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
24-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
God Willing Soon
LANDED..........
God Willing!!
DrmBig said:
Personally, I always prefer the courier method so that I can have proof. Make sure that on top of the envelope, you write the :
- File number (Must)
- Applicant Name and DOB (Optional)

Below is the response I provided earlier on same topic
how come the courrier address and the other one is different? When I got SA from mississauga they gave only the robinson address to send additional information? Just curiously because Im in the process of sending some thing now again.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Believe_Miracles said:
how come the courrier address and the other one is different? When I got SA from mississauga they gave only the robinson address to send additional information? Just curiously because Im in the process of sending some thing now again.
The address mentioned for the courier service is the actual address where the SVO is physically located and address related to PO box , most probably, related to Singapore post. From the PO box, they gather the documents in batch and easy to manage as no signature is required.

Since, courier service normally require signature upon delivery, so address should the actual one. Both address is fine, it's your choice , whatever you prefer.

Believe_Miracles

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
24-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
God Willing Soon
LANDED..........
God Willing!!
DrmBig said:
The address mentioned for the courier service is the actual address where the SVO is physically located and address related to PO box , most probably, related to Singapore post. From the PO box, they gather the documents in batch and easy to manage as no signature is required.

Since, courier service normally require signature upon delivery, so address should the actual one. Both address is fine, it's your choice , whatever you prefer.
thank you. youve been an un imaginable help!
God Bless.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
I have received GCMS notes after 65 days.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Believe_Miracles said:
Just a question, since yours is in Process, it should mean they have a complete application...so the next time you mail something will be the passport? Are you planning ahead for when you get PPR or do you want to send more proof?

Koifish76

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Hasan9999 said:
I have received GCMS notes after 65 days.
And???? Are they helpful? Are you on interview or recommended waived? Hopefully the news was good. What does your ECAS show?

Koifish76

MK88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Dec-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
07-Jan-2014
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2014
Med's Request
15-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
16-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 ~Submitted 02-Mar-2015~
VISA ISSUED...
04-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
March 2015
Believe_Miracles said:
Hey MK88,
The GCSM notes is like an electronic copy of the file we have there the ones the case officers review and make notes. From that we can gather info like reccomend interview waived or etc etc and we can address any issues ahead of time of possible. You dont HAVE to order them I know people who haven't but at the same time it could be helpful. Im in the process of ordering mine keep in mind latest update is that the process is taking longer to obtain the notes 56 days apparently!! geez! :eek:

Wow congrantz ;D on going "in process" its a step ahead isnt it? Also my ECAS went into process Aug 25th :) and iv not heard either- but i do feel better about it clearly yours is earlier and you've not heard either . I dont think you need to worry I think they're doing a final review and if u have anymore details or if u have anything you want to send them additionally perhaps you could.
Hope this helps. Im not the most experienced person on this forum but iv had a lot of help from some awesome people here Im sure they could advice better.

God Bless.
Thank you so much for your reply, it's a relief that i don't HAVE to order them but shouldn't I get the info like if my interview is waived in the mail anyways? Or is GCSM notes the only way to find that out?

Well, congratulations to you as well. It is a relief knowing that I'm not the only one but yours has only been a week whereas mine has been three weeks by now so I wouldn't be worried at all if i were you. I really hope they're doing the final review and I hope I get mine and you get yours soon enough. :)

One more thing I haven't sent them the medical yet so should I wait until they ask me (because that's what they said when I asked them a few months back, to wait until they ask) or should I just get it done and send now since it's in process and they'll probably be asking for it anyways.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
MK88 said:
can someone tell me what is GCMS notes and why do i have to order them?
Also my ECAS went into 'in process' on aug 11 but i have not received any mail from them yet...should i b worried?

MK88

Really you should be worried because SVO now-a-day mis-typing address on the envelop though they sent it by registered mail. The mail should not take more than 3 weeks.

You should enquire about your mail at your local post office. I think it is sitting there.

Shaw